File server - what provider?

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
imagenow
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm

File server - what provider?

#1 Postby imagenow » Mar 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Who can tell me what is the provider that he's using to store the files?

I've examined many offers at webhostingtalk but cannot take a decision.

One is interesting: amen.fr

They offer dedicated server with unlimited traffic.

Any suggestion?

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#2 Postby ankurs » Mar 19, 2010 1:25 pm

if ur french then ovh.fr is good, thy have storage server with 4x1.5TB and you will need those kinda servers if your serious about your site

amen.fr looks expensive compared to ovh

check http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 , you might find some deal

imagenow
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm

#3 Postby imagenow » Mar 19, 2010 2:36 pm

ankurs wrote:if ur french then ovh.fr is good, thy have storage server with 4x1.5TB and you will need those kinda servers if your serious about your site

amen.fr looks expensive compared to ovh

check http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 , you might find some deal


Thanks for the advice!

No I'm italian, but have many contacts in the USA and Canada...

Are those servers reliable? How is the tech support?

Thanks

peterdays
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10, 2010 3:56 pm

#4 Postby peterdays » Mar 19, 2010 7:03 pm

afaik ovh support is very bad, the speeds outside europe are badish, you get what you pay for.

imagenow
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm

#5 Postby imagenow » Mar 19, 2010 7:06 pm

peterdays wrote:afaik ovh support is very bad, the speeds outside europe are badish, you get what you pay for.


Ok... so... what do you suggest?

peterdays
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10, 2010 3:56 pm

#6 Postby peterdays » Mar 19, 2010 7:09 pm

if your just starting, get a vps. expand when you need to. there are loads of file hosters around and you will take some time to get uploaders and decent traffic.

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#7 Postby ankurs » Mar 20, 2010 6:12 am

peterdays wrote:if your just starting, get a vps. expand when you need to. there are loads of file hosters around and you will take some time to get uploaders and decent traffic.

vps can be used for main site and not File server

revive
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 04, 2010 6:40 am

We're using Revive Hosting...

#8 Postby revive » Apr 04, 2010 7:11 am

[advertisement moderated]

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#9 Postby chrda » Apr 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Username revive | website revivemarketing.org

Smells fishy :)

Start with shared hosting or vps for your main site. and dont install fileserver with it.

Keep the fileservers on their own, its easier to grow that way.

Keep away from OVH if you want to deliver a good service for your customers. Pay a little extra and you getting much better transit for your customers.

If someone needs High BW dedicated server or help setting these solutions up. Send me an email.


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest