May 13, 2009 1:10 pm
Forum: XUpload
Topic: namespace conflict with mootools
Replies: 1
Views: 4425

I think something like that would fix the issue:

Code: Select all

if(typeof window.$ != 'function') {
	var $ = new Function("elem", "return document.getElementById(elem)")
}
by giorrrgio
May 12, 2009 10:01 am
Topic: Do a verification before uploading a file
Replies: 4
Views: 5698

Is it possible to do this server-side validation using java script You could use an Ajax request (with Prototype, for example) just before executing the StartUpload function to test if the key exists, calling StartUpload and submitting the form only is validation is ok. This is not so strong or sec...
by giorrrgio
Jan 09, 2009 5:47 pm
Topic: no progress update after changed settings
Views: 2386

no progress update after changed settings

Hi, I have a light modified version of XUpload Pro 3 with some minor changes to suit my specs. It is working great in my production Ubuntu Linux enviroment. Days ago I took the script and bring it on a new site (on the same server), with minor changes for adapting the script to the new specs. Upload...
by giorrrgio
Sep 26, 2008 3:01 pm
Topic: call a shell script for every file uploaded
Views: 2685

call a shell script for every file uploaded

Hi, I'm trying to call a shell script for every file uploaded using the system() function: for my $f (@files) { my @args; @args = ("command", "arg1", "arg2"); system(@args); } But it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something? Is there a correct way to perform this? T...
by giorrrgio
Sep 22, 2008 9:25 am
Topic: multiple file upload each with custom parameters
Replies: 3
Views: 3756

Hi,
your solution is good but I've found a problem with special characters.
My website uses utf-8 as charset and if put special characters in the title field the upload freezes at 100%.
Any idea?

Thanks
by giorrrgio
Aug 19, 2008 3:41 pm
Topic: [Solved] Use javascript fct instead of url_post
Replies: 4
Views: 3293

The javascript way it's ok, even with ajax calls, but I have an issue:
even after upload has finished I keep on receiving upload_status.cgi traffic (I found that with firebug). I guess I should manually stop that with some explicit javascript function calls.
Thanks
by giorrrgio
Aug 04, 2008 1:41 pm
Topic: multiple file upload each with custom parameters
Replies: 3
Views: 3756

multiple file upload each with custom parameters

Hi there, I've an upload form with which users can upload a file, specyifing some custom fields. Since I have to post all this data with ajax calls, I followed some hints on this forum and modified this way upload.cgi: print"<HTML><BODY><Script>"; for my $f (@files) { print "window.to...
by giorrrgio
Aug 04, 2008 12:59 pm
Topic: prototype problem
Replies: 2
Views: 3797

I confirm that the issue exists in the pro version and is fixed by removing the $() function from xupload.js.
This is so good beacause now I can easily call Ajax.Updater after upload completion.
Thanks