good datacenter for file hosting

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
missup
Posts: 9
Joined: Oct 30, 2009 12:53 am

good datacenter for file hosting

#1 Postby missup » Nov 19, 2009 4:15 am

hey, anyone know good datacenter that offer unmetered bandwidth but with a good speed and connection ?

GMC
Posts: 172
Joined: Aug 15, 2009 4:48 am

#2 Postby GMC » Nov 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Mine sucks so I wont give you their names

Down more than up :(

naga
Posts: 45
Joined: Dec 22, 2008 3:40 pm

#3 Postby naga » Nov 20, 2009 11:42 pm

Ovh.com is my favorite
Currently have 4 servers and using around 250 mbit average(just over 80 TB/mo) for just over 120 euros per month :)

cuty
Posts: 103
Joined: Apr 14, 2009 11:20 pm

#4 Postby cuty » Nov 21, 2009 3:38 am

Ovh.com is my favorite
Currently have 4 servers and using around 250 mbit average(just over 80 TB/mo) for just over 120 euros per month


Thats 120 euros per server?

naga
Posts: 45
Joined: Dec 22, 2008 3:40 pm

#5 Postby naga » Nov 21, 2009 9:34 pm

cuty wrote:
Ovh.com is my favorite
Currently have 4 servers and using around 250 mbit average(just over 80 TB/mo) for just over 120 euros per month


Thats 120 euros per server?

no, it's in total... They don't sell the plans I have the servers from anymore though, but you can now still get the superplan mini's for 50 euros per month with unlimited 100 mbit connection(not shared)

GMC
Posts: 172
Joined: Aug 15, 2009 4:48 am

#6 Postby GMC » Nov 22, 2009 7:25 am

naga wrote:Ovh.com is my favorite
Currently have 4 servers and using around 250 mbit average(just over 80 TB/mo) for just over 120 euros per month :)
Do you have an affilliate code

I will buy my next server off them - and you might make a $ or 2

GMC

naga
Posts: 45
Joined: Dec 22, 2008 3:40 pm

#7 Postby naga » Nov 22, 2009 12:20 pm

GMC wrote:
naga wrote:Ovh.com is my favorite
Currently have 4 servers and using around 250 mbit average(just over 80 TB/mo) for just over 120 euros per month :)
Do you have an affilliate code

I will buy my next server off them - and you might make a $ or 2

GMC

I don't think they have an affiliate program..
Also you need to be from Europe or get one from a reseller to buy a server there

missup
Posts: 9
Joined: Oct 30, 2009 12:53 am

#8 Postby missup » Nov 26, 2009 8:21 am

cant understand the language, i go to the english one which ovh.co.uk and it restrict buyer from uk only.
Yes i admin they have good price, but i believe they would cap bandwidth after certain usage.

naga
Posts: 45
Joined: Dec 22, 2008 3:40 pm

#9 Postby naga » Nov 26, 2009 11:56 am

missup wrote:cant understand the language, i go to the english one which ovh.co.uk and it restrict buyer from uk only.
Yes i admin they have good price, but i believe they would cap bandwidth after certain usage.

If you choose the unmetered/unlimited plans they won't cap... the only downside is that the downloadspeeds outside europe will be lower on that option as well...

Nytol
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 26, 2009 2:25 pm

#10 Postby Nytol » Nov 26, 2009 5:24 pm

naga - do you make money?

GMC
Posts: 172
Joined: Aug 15, 2009 4:48 am

#11 Postby GMC » Dec 02, 2009 11:50 am

GMC wrote:Mine sucks so I wont give you their names

Down more than up :(
I just found out mine is a OVH server through a reseller

Its down again and NO ONE can get it up for me

Frustrating!

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#12 Postby ankurs » Dec 02, 2009 2:14 pm

GMC wrote:
GMC wrote:Mine sucks so I wont give you their names

Down more than up :(
I just found out mine is a OVH server through a reseller

Its down again and NO ONE can get it up for me

Frustrating!


lol what did u expect from a budget provider, even if you are a direct customer its real hard to get support from them

ovh is only for non-critical use only, atleast for small customers i.e. ppl with less than 100+ servers

look at webhostingtalk.com , you will find better providers

GMC
Posts: 172
Joined: Aug 15, 2009 4:48 am

#13 Postby GMC » Dec 02, 2009 2:32 pm

100+ servers

Jeez thats like 99 more than I have lol

I will look at the site

Thanks!

tommylee
Posts: 10
Joined: Aug 28, 2009 3:16 pm

#14 Postby tommylee » Dec 02, 2009 5:16 pm

For US => http://www.theplanet.com/
For Europe => http://www.serverloft.com/

ServerLoft has the option of US DataCenter as well but I have not used that option before.

Also specs at ServerLoft are somewhat better than ThePlanet but still both are very good.

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#15 Postby ankurs » Dec 03, 2009 6:17 am

tommylee wrote:For US => http://www.theplanet.com/
For Europe => http://www.serverloft.com/

ServerLoft has the option of US DataCenter as well but I have not used that option before.

Also specs at ServerLoft are somewhat better than ThePlanet but still both are very good.


Both are costly for bulk bandwidth.


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests