XFileSharing Pro - How big are your fileservers?

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
beeman1212
Posts: 57
Joined: Feb 17, 2012 5:07 pm

How big are your fileservers?

#1 Postby beeman1212 » Mar 16, 2012 9:06 pm

So... like the subject says. How big are your fileservers? (storage wise)

Right now, I only have one fileserver it's 4x2TB Raid 5. How about you? :)
Last edited by beeman1212 on Mar 16, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ufkabakan
Posts: 332
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

#2 Postby ufkabakan » Mar 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Dual E5620
16GB Ram
2x2TB Raid1 (For OS)
10x2TB Raid5 (For Storage)
2Gbit Port

If i can resolve PayPal issue i will:
Dual E5630
48GB Ram
2x3TB Radi1
34x3TB Raid6
10GBit Port

scarab
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 19, 2012 12:04 am

#3 Postby scarab » Mar 16, 2012 9:53 pm

i have single core with 2gb of ram and 70gb of HDD using just for my other website (small) file downloads. For now, works very nice..

beeman1212
Posts: 57
Joined: Feb 17, 2012 5:07 pm

#4 Postby beeman1212 » Mar 16, 2012 11:50 pm

ufkabakan wrote:Dual E5620
16GB Ram
2x2TB Raid1 (For OS)
10x2TB Raid5 (For Storage)
2Gbit Port

If i can resolve PayPal issue i will:
Dual E5630
48GB Ram
2x3TB Radi1
34x3TB Raid6
10GBit Port


wow, those sound really expensive .. wouldn't it be better to purchase smaller ones (storage wise)?

ufkabakan
Posts: 332
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

#5 Postby ufkabakan » Mar 17, 2012 12:28 am

Before this 12x2TB server, i have alot of 3-6TB small Servers with 1Gbit connection. But this servers dont have Data protection with Raid. I need cheap data storage with Raid protection. Raid 1 cost is very expensive. Raid5 is very good for FileHosting with hardware Raid card. If you have more disk than 12 Disks, Raid 6 is better.

I have still 10+ server with small disk size, still im trying small servers file to biggest servers.


beeman1212 wrote:
ufkabakan wrote:Dual E5620
16GB Ram
2x2TB Raid1 (For OS)
10x2TB Raid5 (For Storage)
2Gbit Port

If i can resolve PayPal issue i will:
Dual E5630
48GB Ram
2x3TB Radi1
34x3TB Raid6
10GBit Port


wow, those sound really expensive .. wouldn't it be better to purchase smaller ones (storage wise)?

Lucifer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm

#6 Postby Lucifer » Mar 17, 2012 2:42 am

hi, could you tell me why do you need 2x2 tb for OS ? isn't OS is small? I am sorry for the dumb question, I am new at this. thx

ufkabakan
Posts: 332
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

#7 Postby ufkabakan » Mar 18, 2012 1:45 am

Lucifer wrote:hi, could you tell me why do you need 2x2 tb for OS ? isn't OS is small? I am sorry for the dumb question, I am new at this. thx


DataCenter dont have any plan like 3x1TB + 9x2TB...
He said 12x1TB or 12x2TB...
I need speed and protection for OS.

mubin
Posts: 76
Joined: Dec 19, 2011 10:53 am

#8 Postby mubin » Mar 18, 2012 7:49 am

What are your issues with paypal?

ufkabakan
Posts: 332
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

#9 Postby ufkabakan » Mar 18, 2012 1:19 pm

mubin wrote:What are your issues with paypal?


http://sibsoft.net/forum/need-new-payme ... t4338.html

Lucifer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm

#10 Postby Lucifer » Mar 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Guys, what do you think about these file server specs:
HP ProLiant DL120
1x Intel Quad Core X3440
8GB DDR3
2x2TB SATA2

is it good enough or is it too much for a new website?

and could you tell me which one should i choose:

1. Operating system type, options: 64 bit or 32 bit
2. OS, options: CentOS 5, CentOS 6, CloudLinux 6.2 or Debian 6.0
3. Server Control Panel, options: None, DirectAdmin, Parallels Plesk Panel or cPanel/WHM
4. Is 1 IP address is enough?

Thank you in advance,
Brian

coolsalman_1
Posts: 15
Joined: Aug 04, 2012 10:22 pm

#11 Postby coolsalman_1 » Aug 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Lucifer wrote:Guys, what do you think about these file server specs:
HP ProLiant DL120
1x Intel Quad Core X3440
8GB DDR3
2x2TB SATA2

is it good enough or is it too much for a new website?

and could you tell me which one should i choose:

1. Operating system type, options: 64 bit or 32 bit
2. OS, options: CentOS 5, CentOS 6, CloudLinux 6.2 or Debian 6.0
3. Server Control Panel, options: None, DirectAdmin, Parallels Plesk Panel or cPanel/WHM
4. Is 1 IP address is enough?

Thank you in advance,
Brian


I am also looking for answer of this question. Guys please reply.

randy
Posts: 321
Joined: Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

#12 Postby randy » Aug 06, 2012 9:15 am

server looks good but less ram.

i have the same server and cpu using 20% with heavy loads and ram around 7GB ;)

i have nginx mod on it its just file server

but 2TB is less do you have raid 1?

better go with 4x2tb and raid 10

amator
Posts: 72
Joined: Dec 01, 2010 6:51 pm

#13 Postby amator » Aug 09, 2012 10:48 pm

We have:

12 x 3TB on HARD RAID 60, network 10Gbps
48GB RAM, 2 x Inter Bi Xeon

1. Operating system type, options: 64 bit or 32 bit
2. OS, options: CentOS 5, CentOS 6, CloudLinux 6.2 or Debian 6.0
3. Server Control Panel, options: None, DirectAdmin, Parallels Plesk Panel or cPanel/WHM
4. Is 1 IP address is enough?


1. 64 bit
2. centos 6
3. none
4. no

randy
Posts: 321
Joined: Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

#14 Postby randy » Aug 12, 2012 3:13 pm

amator how much do you pay for your server / month without traffic?

gLoad
Posts: 33
Joined: Feb 26, 2012 6:12 pm

#15 Postby gLoad » Aug 15, 2012 8:42 pm

The problem is not how big your file server are but, are your subscriptions paying your server monthly bill on this hard period for cyberlockers ? :-)

Should be interesting to post even your hosting company.

Bye


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests