XFileSharing Pro - How to seek mp4/flv videos to non downloaded parts

Message
Author
venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

How to seek mp4/flv videos to non downloaded parts

#1 Postby venture89 » Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello, Lot of site have a feature where the flv/mp4 videos are able to seek (fast-forward) to areas where the player still have not downloaded yet.


For example, when you are playing a file you are able to fast-forward to 10:00 even though download progress bar shows that you have only downloaded up to 5:00 mark.

I have asked SibSoft support, they said it is indeed possible with some settings in nginx. However, they are busy to do it now.

Any one here can help?
Thanks.

afdah
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: How to seek mp4/flv videos to non downloaded parts

#2 Postby afdah » Oct 16, 2012 12:48 am

venture89 wrote:Hello, Lot of site have a feature where the flv/mp4 videos are able to seek (fast-forward) to areas where the player still have not downloaded yet.


For example, when you are playing a file you are able to fast-forward to 10:00 even though download progress bar shows that you have only downloaded up to 5:00 mark.

I have asked SibSoft support, they said it is indeed possible with some settings in nginx. However, they are busy to do it now.

Any one here can help?
Thanks.

compiling nginx with mp4 and flv module will do the job

venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

#3 Postby venture89 » Nov 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello, We just compiled the nginx to support mp4 seek. When we seek a file the progress bar goes to that location and spin few seconds for video to load.

However, the video then starts to play from the very beginning!
How can i fix this? Any hints?

Thanks.

afdah
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

#4 Postby afdah » Nov 06, 2012 9:13 pm

hints:

once server side is done, next is client side.
need to update flash player code to support http pseudo streaming.

venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

#5 Postby venture89 » Nov 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks for the rpely,

I already had the following line in index_dlf.pm jwplayer setup if that is what you mean by change for the player code.

Code: Select all

s1.addVariable('provider','http');


anything else that i may be missing?
Thanks

afdah
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

#6 Postby afdah » Nov 07, 2012 7:46 am

great. that's for main server.

for file servers, edit nginx.conf so nginx can handle mp4 and flv files by respective compiled modules.

afdah
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

#7 Postby afdah » Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Code: Select all

 
   
        mp4;
  flv;



you get it wrong. the above config means you are asking the nginx mp4 and flv module to process all files.

you need to figure out how to instruct nginx mp4 module to process *.mp4 files only and nginx flv module to process *.flv files.

venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

#8 Postby venture89 » Nov 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Searched Google many times but still can not come up with the right config. I think you are right and we have to specify those modules separately for file types.

I have send you a email pls check.
Thanks.

venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

#9 Postby venture89 » Nov 16, 2012 4:35 am

Hi, Thanks much for sharing. Could you please clarify what is the "IP Protection" feature that is removed here.

Is it in admin settings i.e. 'Allow download from' or 'Banned IPs'?
Just trying to understand what effect will that commenting out will have.

Thanks again.

venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

tried but not work

#10 Postby venture89 » Nov 16, 2012 4:48 am

I tried removing the up protection feature but did not work.
I see some posts removed here not sure why.

Any other suggestions?

Ryok
Posts: 19
Joined: Oct 21, 2012 4:18 am

#11 Postby Ryok » Nov 16, 2012 8:06 am

lol. they removed my previous post. anyway, you must have h264 module to make psuedostreaming work.
http://h264.code-shop.com/trac/wiki/Mod ... e-Version2

sadly this forum doesnt have PM's. weird.. xD

venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

#12 Postby venture89 » Nov 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Ryok wrote:lol. they removed my previous post. anyway, you must have h264 module to make psuedostreaming work.
http://h264.code-shop.com/trac/wiki/Mod ... e-Version2

sadly this forum doesnt have PM's. weird.. xD


We are using nginx. I don't think this applied in that case?

Ryok
Posts: 19
Joined: Oct 21, 2012 4:18 am

#13 Postby Ryok » Nov 17, 2012 9:36 am

well, im using nginx as well. i installed it before i switched to nginx. i think you need to recompile your nginx.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mar 22, 2006 12:32 pm

#14 Postby admin » Nov 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Your post was removed because it contained parts of nginx mod. Please read forum rules.

venture89
Posts: 95
Joined: Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

#15 Postby venture89 » Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm

admin wrote:Your post was removed because it contained parts of nginx mod. Please read forum rules.

Sorry about that admin.


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests