XFileSharing Pro - Issue with XFSConfig.pm being erased automatically

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
RockDiz
Posts: 135
Joined: May 05, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Issue with XFSConfig.pm being erased automatically

#1 Postby RockDiz » Oct 21, 2012 3:26 am

During adding a new file server, I've came across this problem where my XFSConfig.pm file was blank.
I thought I might have uploaded the file blank on accident (no idea how it would be blank in the first place) so I updated the XFSConfig.pm file and filled out the information and everything was working correctly.
A few hours later, I'm notified via email about an error with the file server again.
I checked my XFSConfig.pm file and it was blank again. For some reason, something is automatically wiping the file clean. blank clean...

Any idea what the issue could be?
thanks for all the help and feedback.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1801
Joined: Mar 22, 2006 12:32 pm

#2 Postby admin » Oct 21, 2012 3:37 am

Looks like your server is out of disk space.

randy
Posts: 321
Joined: Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

#3 Postby randy » Oct 21, 2012 5:02 pm

if your server is full it overwrites XFSConfig.pm

you can solve it by giving the file XFSConfig.pm rights 444 instead of 666

but when you want to make changes through script you always have to give rights back to 666 and then 444 again after you made the settings!

otherwise it will always be overwritten!

the best is you reduce the available space for uploads that your temp will always have e.g. 200 GB

let's say you have 4x2TB in raid 10. just allow 3000GB instead of 3200

RockDiz
Posts: 135
Joined: May 05, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

#4 Postby RockDiz » Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm

admin wrote:Looks like your server is out of disk space.


randy wrote:if your server is full it overwrites XFSConfig.pm

you can solve it by giving the file XFSConfig.pm rights 444 instead of 666

but when you want to make changes through script you always have to give rights back to 666 and then 444 again after you made the settings!

otherwise it will always be overwritten!

the best is you reduce the available space for uploads that your temp will always have e.g. 200 GB

let's say you have 4x2TB in raid 10. just allow 3000GB instead of 3200



Awesome,
thanks a lot for the help guys!
this really made much sense and It turns out the issue began with the hoster who issued me my file server.
I checked the disk space via putty with this command "df -h"

Code: Select all

[[email protected]~]# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md2              9.7G  9.3G     0 100% /
/dev/md/4             2.7T  202M  2.6T   1% /home
tmpfs                  12G     0   12G   0% /dev/shm


terrible... just terrible -_-

thanks again guys!

RockDiz
Posts: 135
Joined: May 05, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

#5 Postby RockDiz » Oct 22, 2012 5:24 am

/)_-

Actually... I just realized something....
I used my cgi-bin/html directory in /var/.../....
so considering the information i mentioned earlier.....

Code: Select all

[[email protected]~]# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md2              9.7G  9.3G     0 100% /
/dev/md/4             2.7T  202M  2.6T   1% /home
tmpfs                  12G     0   12G   0% /dev/shm



I was supposed to put it in /home/.../....
but yea..
thanks again for the help! I got everything fixed ^_^

randy
Posts: 321
Joined: Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

#6 Postby randy » Oct 22, 2012 12:35 pm

im not a server pro

but what is your server setup?

xTB with raid?

RockDiz
Posts: 135
Joined: May 05, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

#7 Postby RockDiz » Oct 22, 2012 3:36 pm

It's only 2x3TB raid1

randy wrote:im not a server pro

but what is your server setup?

xTB with raid?

randy
Posts: 321
Joined: Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

#8 Postby randy » Oct 22, 2012 7:25 pm

ok then I would use 2500 GB as available filespace in your case.


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests