XFileSharing Pro - jwplayer vs. jplayer

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
RockDiz
Posts: 135
Joined: May 05, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

jwplayer vs. jplayer

#1 Postby RockDiz » Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm trying to figure out which is the better mp3 player. If any of you have experience with either one or both can you please tell me which do you recommened and why?

Thanks!

frostyshield
Posts: 52
Joined: Nov 26, 2012 9:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: jwplayer vs. jplayer

#2 Postby frostyshield » Dec 03, 2012 6:08 pm

RockDiz wrote:I'm trying to figure out which is the better mp3 player. If any of you have experience with either one or both can you please tell me which do you recommened and why?

Thanks!


Pretty sure someone already did a comparison did you use the search option before posting?

RockDiz
Posts: 135
Joined: May 05, 2011 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: jwplayer vs. jplayer

#3 Postby RockDiz » Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm

frostyshield wrote:Pretty sure someone already did a comparison did you use the search option before posting?


yes, if i've missed it then please link it to me. otherwise please contribute relevant discussion to this topic.

frostyshield
Posts: 52
Joined: Nov 26, 2012 9:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: jwplayer vs. jplayer

#4 Postby frostyshield » Dec 03, 2012 7:50 pm

RockDiz wrote:
frostyshield wrote:Pretty sure someone already did a comparison did you use the search option before posting?


yes, if i've missed it then please link it to me. otherwise please contribute relevant discussion to this topic.


http://sibsoft.net/forum/buying-flowpla ... t=jwplayer Please use the search feature next time as its against the forum rules not to do a proper search.

Based on my initial investigation, JPlayer is currently missing 2 key features as compared to JWPlayer - RTMP streaming and control of video scaling if the player and video are of different sizes.

RTMP streaming is straight forward - Google it if you need to. There's also an implementation waiting to be merged into JPlayer on Github that has been taking it's time to get into the main code base.

Video scaling is important when dealing with user supplied content where you don't know the video aspect ratio. On the other hand, you probably do know the size you want the player to be and likely also have an opinion on how you want the video to be presented within the player.

As far as skinning and MP3, I don't see anything to differentiate the two - you should have no problem with MP3s on either as well as complete control over the skin.

So today, the decision is more about a young, open source project versus a more mature, commercial project unless the points I mentioned above are relevant to you.


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests