XFileSharing Free - How to add other dedicated server? - Page 2

Kuwait

#16 Postby Kuwait » Feb 04, 2008 9:13 am

me too i got confused how can they release two version's at the same time and the email ive got asked for my xfs 1.1 license after that he told me "i hope you buy the license for xfs pro when its released officialy" i thought i had free updates untill then? or is it a different software but subsoft did it in the same time?
and where is xfs 1.2? where can i get it, hope to get a reply from pilgrim real soon

dollarek

#17 Postby dollarek » Feb 04, 2008 9:16 am

well we will se what happens when it comes out :?

PilgrimX182

#18 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 04, 2008 11:42 am

Allright, here we probably have a little mess about versions and titles :)

What happened recently:
1) Released XUpload 3.0
2) Released XFileSharing 1.2 - it's update for XFS1.1 - no multiserver, no user accounts, no many big tasty features in future.

What will happen soon:
3) Will release XFileSharing PRO version - this one have multiple servers support, user accounts. And we will focus on this version development in future.

I've sent PRO version to 3 beta testers from this forum on Fri.

Pro version is (an will be) much powerfull than simple one, so license will cost much. For those of you who wants to move to Pro version from simple XFS we can do discounts personally.

But any future updates for simple XFS will be free for 1 year since purchase, this is not changed.

Kuwait

#19 Postby Kuwait » Feb 04, 2008 11:48 am

and where can i get xfs 1.2 ?
can u send it to me by email plz

loret

#20 Postby loret » Feb 04, 2008 11:54 am

How we can apply to Beta tester for XFileSharing PRO version and and how much it ll be cost nearly?
Thanks

dollarek

#21 Postby dollarek » Feb 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Now i understand everything PilgrimX182 :)

I will definitely get XFS PRO, I hope PRO will have also much better links cus in 1.2 u can easily change link for example i have uploaded song where original link is

Code: Select all

http://hotdir.eu/SZHGX17KM4V6/Basshunter%20-%20Now%20Youre%20Gone%20(Fonzerelli%20Remix).mp3.html
but i can easily manipulate this file name just by changing name, i can change file extensions almost everything, in my opinion its very bad as i can upload virus change extension of it and than upload and than change file link to exe and person downloading it will download fully working virus. Hope i didn't mixed it up and u understand what i mean.

for example

http://hotdir.eu/SZHGX17KM4V6/its is still the same file.exe.html
Also it would be much better if files rather than space would have _ for example

http://hotdir.eu/SZHGX17KM4V6/Basshunter_-_Now_Youre_Gone_(Fonzerelli_Remix).mp3.html
you could give me this beta script, i would test it for you and give u perfect feedback and what kind of changes u should make, and after i would purchase it any way

PilgrimX182

#22 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 04, 2008 12:07 pm

2Kuwait: sent on your e-mail

2loret: haven't decided the price yet, price will be around $60-$80. Beta-testing is closed. Will release next few days.

Demo available here: http://upload-pro.com

PilgrimX182

#23 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 04, 2008 12:16 pm

i can change file extensions almost everything, in my opinion its very bad
Oh, originally it was to help users - e.g. if provider restrict you to download MP3 files you can use .zip extension. But probably it's too weak feature so I guess I will do the check for filename and will replace spaces to underscore. I've just noticed rapidshare do the same.
Thanks for this.

loret

#24 Postby loret » Feb 04, 2008 1:44 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:2Kuwait: sent on your e-mail

2loret: haven't decided the price yet, price will be around $60-$80. Beta-testing is closed. Will release next few days.

Demo available here: http://upload-pro.com
good news
we ll be waiting =)

dollarek

#25 Postby dollarek » Feb 04, 2008 3:05 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:
i can change file extensions almost everything, in my opinion its very bad
Oh, originally it was to help users - e.g. if provider restrict you to download MP3 files you can use .zip extension. But probably it's too weak feature so I guess I will do the check for filename and will replace spaces to underscore. I've just noticed rapidshare do the same.
Thanks for this.
_ is better cuz sometimes when u get a link

www.name.com/dadsada/file name.mp3.html
and someone copy this and paste into forum or somewhere else than forum takes this as an address

www.name.com/dadsada/file
and name.mp3.html as a normal text

---------

Also on the web that u have provided us with, registration seem to be a bit u know,... no activation link nothing like that, people will create lots of accounts with fake emails and that kind of stuff.

PilgrimX182

#26 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 04, 2008 6:52 pm

dollarek wrote: Also on the web that u have provided us with, registration seem to be a bit u know,... no activation link nothing like that, people will create lots of accounts with fake emails and that kind of stuff.
oh right, will add captcha there first. This is in my TODO list for tomorrow.

mx

Upgrade

#27 Postby mx » Feb 04, 2008 7:01 pm

The XFileSharing Pro test site looks very interesting. I JUST purchased version 1.2 this morning, before I discovered this forum. Is there a release date for the Pro version? Any upgrade to the Pro version, particularly if it comes out soon and I just bought the old version?!

Great products!

dollarek

#28 Postby dollarek » Feb 04, 2008 10:32 pm

Our master PilgrimX182 :) (I mean as a complement), says that it should come out this week, but that is not for sure, maybe next week.

http://upload-pro.com , demo for it.

As far i have noticed now, it will have multi server which is great option, (thanks again master). Register form which will also allow more space for registered users.

But I still think that changing links should be changed. Because than why should we need "Not Allowed extensions", we can easily change file extension before upload and than upload it and after we get a link change extension in link and that's all. :(((((((( You should fix that master :)

And one more thing I have noticed, when someone upload file and set password, admin should be allowed to see it, cuz whenever it will be reported as abuse we wont be able to download it. The only idea comes to my mind is to check it in mysql if this is where they are saved, but its big jumping from window to window.

PilgrimX182

#29 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 05, 2008 6:19 am

2dollarek: yea, I'm starting name-fixing right now: will replace all letters except 'a-zA-Z0-9-_' to underline (like Rapidshare does) and will check for filename on download (no more alt filenames/extensions).

About admin download (no pass for admin) - good idea!

Also beta testing detected 3-4 possible problems, so it was usefull.

I think Pro will be released this week.

mx

pro

#30 Postby mx » Feb 05, 2008 7:44 am

Looking forward for the Pro version. Lots of new versions this week (Leopard server 10.5.2 any day) as well as migrating a complex project from XUpload 2.5 to XFile Sharing Pro. Adding the GD libraries to Leopard will be difficult enough - the graphics version of the captcha is probably much more secure/useful than the test version.