XFileSharing Free - Here is a list of my recommended features for v2

Joseph

Here is a list of my recommended features for v2

#1 Postby Joseph » Jan 21, 2008 10:44 pm

I do not own version 1 but I am strongly considering owning version 2 when it comes out. I do have some experience owning a file hosting site (different script). From experience here are my own recommendations, some of them are recommendations from my own users.

- #1 and most important, Please minimize all bugs.
- Allow the option to Ban IPs (sometimes you might get attacked by an IP which will take your site offline)
- Please allow a member group of Paying customers (paypal, moneybookers)
- Option to disable Ads for certain member groups
- URL upload & FTP upload option
- Max bandwidth per IP (per hour or day)
- Limit download speed for each membership account
- Allow download accelerators (w/ option to limit # of threads)
- Limit amounts of download at the same time for each member group
- Advanced Captcha
- With Multi Server option, allow multiple uploads to multiple servers like Rapidshare. So if "file23.zp" is uploaded and served (and I have 2 servers hosting) it will be hosted on, http//site1.com/file23.zip & http://site2.com/file23.zip. The downloaders will have the option to download from any of the 2 sites.
- For promotion of your sites, Social Bookmarking and Syndicate mods

Qsave

#2 Postby Qsave » Jan 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Your suggestion "Allow the option to Ban IPs" is already a feature in the current version.

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 15, 2008 1:27 pm

#1 and most important, Please minimize all bugs.
Hopefully Done. :)

Code: Select all

Allow the option to Ban IPs (sometimes you might get attacked by an IP which will take your site offline)
Done. Added feature to ban IP not only in config, but in .htaccess too to be hackerproof from banned IPs.
Please allow a member group of Paying customers (paypal, moneybookers)
Done for PayPal payment.
Can easily add 2Checkout support, but not sured if it's usefull.
Option to disable Ads for certain member groups
Done.
Max bandwidth per IP (per hour or day)
Done. Limits per hour.
Limit download speed for each membership account
Since we generate download symlinks we can do this only with Apache mods which are not installed on most servers. So we won't add this to package.
Allow download accelerators
Done. Only no limits for threads
With Multi Server option, allow multiple uploads to multiple servers like Rapidshare.
Not sured about this. In future probably will clone only most popular files to lower servers load.
- Limit amounts of download at the same time for each member group
Can't control this cause Apache handle downloads. But "Max bandwidth per IP per hour" will help to limit number of simultaneous downloads.

TODO:
- Advanced Captcha
- Premium ONLY file server flag
- Desktop uploader

luckid

#4 Postby luckid » Mar 03, 2008 12:06 pm

With Multi Server option, allow multiple uploads to multiple servers like Rapidshare and desktop upload 2 big change i appreciate very ;)

Luckid

Awstin

#5 Postby Awstin » Mar 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Desktop upload - I have never expected to see this feature as a "standard feature". I appreciate very much how the development of this project grows :)
Thanks PilgrimX182.

mx

Feature Request

#6 Postby mx » Apr 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Resumable uploads from paused or interrupted sessions would be great, especially is someone is trying to upload a large file or has a slow connection.

PilgrimX182

#7 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 11, 2008 8:28 am

Desktop upload probably will be done next few months.

Can't resume uploads from browser, no way to do this with standard HTML, only with java applets which are heavy and slow. Also possible with desktop uploader mentioned above.