XFileSharing Free - Installation Issues

afoster

Installation Issues

#1 Postby afoster » Jan 19, 2023 6:17 pm

After reading the many posts about the problems encountered in trying to install this script, I find that I am having the same problems. Here is what I have done.

I have uploaded the files in the cgi-bin folder into the cgi-bin/fileshare folder on my server. I have CHMOD the install.cgi file to 755
I have uploaded the files in the httdoc folder into a folder called fileshare of my public_html so it looks like this: public_html/fileshare

In the browser, I have gone to cgi-bin/fileshare/install.cgi and followed the steps there to the point that I received a green OK in all four instances of the installation process. I have tried using the uploads and temp folder both in the public_html folder as well as keeping them in the cgi-bin folder...both with no success. I have CHMOD them to 777 in both areas, again with no success.

Every time I try to upload a file, it just takes me to a page that says the page does not exist. I don't really know what page it is referring to. Also, when trying to upload a file, the location of the file is shown to be in C:\fakepath\file-to-be-uploaded.xxx. Needless to say, there is no fakepath folder on my computer.

Lastly, when trying to access the admin pages, it is not taking me to the admin page. BTW, there is no step in the installation process where an admin username is asked for or generated...

Suffice it to say that I am missing something but I have no idea what that something is. This is the script I have been searching for and would love to get it working, so any assistance anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

jamesmillere

Re: Installation Issues

#2 Postby jamesmillere » Jan 27, 2023 10:36 am

Hi,

You can try this.

However, there may be a few issues with the configuration of your server and the setup of the script.

First, it's important to ensure that the file paths in the script are set correctly and match the location of the files on your server. This includes the paths for the uploads and temp folders, as well as any other file paths referenced in the script.

Next, it's important to check the permissions on the files and folders, making sure that the script has the necessary permissions to read and write to the files and folders.

You mentioned that the location of the file is shown as "C:\fakepath\file-to-be-uploaded.xxx" when trying to upload a file. This is likely because the script is not configured to handle file uploads properly.

Lastly, for the admin pages, it seems like the script may not have an admin login feature built-in. If that's the case, you may want to look for a different script or look for a way to add that feature yourself.

It's best to check the documentation of the script and see if it's missing any important information or troubleshoot steps, or check with the script developer if they can provide some help.

Thanks

afoster

Re: Installation Issues

#3 Postby afoster » Feb 02, 2023 2:27 am

Thanks for your response...I actually thought I was asking the developer by posting to the forum. OH well, I decided to go in another direction anyway. It shouldn't be that difficult to set up a script in my opinion.