XFileSharing Pro - Backup mod - Does it backup the file servers?

sib-fan87

Backup mod - Does it backup the file servers?

#1 Postby sib-fan87 » Feb 04, 2023 2:11 am

It says:
"This mod will let admin to backup his site (main server and database) main server and database"
backupMod.jpg
backupMod.jpg (44.72 KiB) Viewed 657 times
It doesn't backup the file servers?

How do other file hosting websites backup their files?

I see some sites uploading 4k videos. that would fill up the file server fast.

Do they just buy another sever with equal storage?

I hope my hosting site doesn't get too big. It seems like many headaches.

hostlife

Re: Backup mod - Does it backup the file servers?

#2 Postby hostlife » Feb 28, 2023 8:16 pm

it's almost impossible to make fileserver backup because of daily file add/delete.
This mod make backup of database and script files backup only. If your website is quite popular, it's better to choose daily backup.

verzing

#3 Postby verzing » Oct 08, 2023 8:50 pm

hostlife wrote: Feb 28, 2023 8:16 pm it's almost impossible to make fileserver backup because of daily file add/delete.
This mod make backup of database and script files backup only. If your website is quite popular, it's better to choose daily backup.
Well, I think it possible to backup file servers. We can do realtime sync to backup all file servers to big storage backup server. We backup /cgi-bin/uploads if a file uploads it will make a copy to the backup server if the file gets deleted it will be removed from the backup server as well.

hostlife

#4 Postby hostlife » Oct 31, 2023 2:31 pm

Practically its not possible.

We have around 10 fileservers with 120-160tb of storage, How to make it's daily backup and what will it use for? Simply RAID10 is enough for it. incremental backup via sync is possible but practically there is no use of it.