General Discussion & News - Zippy Share shutting down

sib-fan87

Zippy Share shutting down

#1 Postby sib-fan87 » Mar 20, 2023 2:41 am

Zippy share is shutting down. This is a massive site.

I suspect more file sharing websites to be shutting down in the future as we are heading into a recession and depression as banks are crashing.

A lot of these free file sharing websites were financed by a lot of corrupt people who had unlimited money and since the banks are crashing and these corrupt people no longer have money to finance these file sharing sites, they will have to shut down.

Many of the free file sharing services were not making any money to begin with. They mostly rely on making money from ads, but ad blockers have really destroyed profits.

It's really difficult for websites to make money these days compared to 10 to 20 years ago.

So is it a good time to start a file sharing service? I would say not yet. I would wait several years as we watch more websites shut down.

These next 3 years when as we get into the global depression people aren't going to have money.

Zippy share says:
"– Rising electricity prices. Over the past year, electricity prices have gone up 2.5 times, which, with a large number of servers, gives a significant increase in costs that we have no way to balance."

Which is true. Server costs have been getting higher and higher.

bye.jpg
bye.jpg (94.12 KiB) Viewed 1971 times

cuptormicrounde

Re: Zippy Share shutting down

#2 Postby cuptormicrounde » Nov 11, 2023 12:15 pm

yes, without money it's hard. therefore a small fee could be introduced to support the servers. After all, we all use the resources of this site. I for one think that I don't even remember when I downloaded the first file of Zippy