XUpload - Inline Progress working only in FF - Need IE & Safari

DrNikon224

Inline Progress working only in FF - Need IE & Safari

#1 Postby DrNikon224 » Dec 11, 2006 4:33 am

I'm using X Pro 2.3, and I can only get it to work in FireFox (Windows & Mac). I'm using the inline display method exclusively - altered the upload_form.html, changed the inline from type=checkbox to type=hidden and added "checked" at the end of the tag to autoselect this every time. I can *upload* files using FF (v.1.5.0.8) and IE (v.6) on PC (XPSP2) and FF (v.1.5.0.8) and Safari (v.2.0.4) on Mac (10.4.8). However, the *upload details* and progress bar only come up in Firefox (both Mac and PC).

Site is hosted on RedHat EL4, running Apache 2.0.46 (back-ports to current version)

Aside from the changes to the <input>s in the upload_form.html, I've changed nothing from the provided code.

I've gone through the suggestions in the *Read This...* post, and I'm configured properly and nothing has changed. I've also tested the suggestion in http://www.sibsoft.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62, but Safari and IE still won't work properly.

I need to get the upload details running in as many browsers as possible (at least FF, IE and Safari), so we can start accepting file uploads for a contest entry.

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Dec 11, 2006 7:23 am

Lol. No 'checked' modificator for hidden input element exist :) It's for checkboxes and radiobuttons only.
Just undo your changes to type="checkbox" and add inside this tag:

Code: Select all

checked style="display: none;"
Good luck with your contest!

DrNikon224

#3 Postby DrNikon224 » Dec 12, 2006 3:58 am

Wow - I can't believe I did that. I'm going to blame it on the length of my coding bender, and the fact that I ran out of coffee.

Would you like to autograph the /r/-tard sign I'm going to have to hang around my neck for this?

IE, Safari and both FF are working now that i've reverted back to checkboxes and hidden them with the CSS. I think FF interprets "checked" even in type="hidden" - sometimes those things end up hurting the developers more than it's intended to help.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Manfred Kooistra

#4 Postby Manfred Kooistra » Jan 03, 2007 3:46 am

You can also change

<Input type="checkbox" name="inline" id="inline">
to

<input type="hidden" name="inline" id="inline" value="yes">
in upload_form.html and

if(f1.inline && f1.inline.checked == true)
if(f1.inline2 && f1.inline2.checked == true)
to

if(f1.inline && f1.inline.value == 'yes')
if(f1.inline2 && f1.inline2.value == 'yes')
in lines 78 and 98 of xupload.js