XUpload - Problems referencing post.cgi

junoDev

Problems referencing post.cgi

#1 Postby junoDev » Feb 20, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the form to post. The form is stored in httpdocs/, and the xupload files are stored in cgi-bin/xupload. Currently the action for the form is set to "/cgi-bin/xupload/upload.cgi?upload_id=" - which as far as i'm aware, should be correct.

When the page loads, the firefox javascript console reports an error saying "max_upload_files" is not defined in the xupload.js file. Then, when the form is posted, another javascript errors read "ext_allowed" is not defined and the form contents is not being posted.

I've been tinkering with this all day trying to get it work, but feel i am slamming my head repeatedly against a brick wall. Any help getting this sorted would be much appreciated!

Best Regards,
Andy

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Looks there's an error in upload.cgi.

This URL should work for you: /cgi-bin/xupload/upload.cgi?mode=settings

junoDev

#3 Postby junoDev » Feb 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Thank you for your help! the javascript errors are now gone!

My problem now is that an error is appearing on the pop-up, that reads "ERROR: You are not allowed to upload files". Naturally, I figured this would be a problem with access rights on the temporary and final destination folders set in the configuration file, but the problem is still occuring after these folders have been CHMOD'ed to 777.

Any clues?

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Feb 21, 2007 6:06 am

This is easy - you've set up wrong value for ip_allowed in config.
To allow all IPs use '^.*$'