Search found 11 matches

by raylutz
Oct 27, 2007 4:21 am
Forum: CommuniMail
Topic: Communimail and Gmail
Replies: 4
Views: 7355

I think the problem is deeper.

Hi: I use Thunderbird to view mail and for many such mailings I receive, the HTML is displayed. When I view the source of those mailings, I notice that there is BOTH the text and HTML versions in the email. So, it works appropriately for those mailings. However, when I use your system to create both...
by raylutz
Oct 27, 2007 4:06 am
Topic: Feature Request: Log Subscriber Changes
Replies: 0
Views: 5039

Feature Request: Log Subscriber Changes

Would like a report which is essentially a log of all changes performed by subscribers, such as subscribes and unsubscribes. At the present time, the only way to do this is to export and compare the lists. But that is actually a bit of work because the order would have to be identical for the compar...
by raylutz
Oct 27, 2007 4:00 am
Topic: Better report on import
Views: 5020

Better report on import

I would like to see a better report on import, including a list of the records that were rejected for one reason or another. I have list of 512 records, and the program only imports 500. But, there is nothing short of an exhaustive search to find out why the records are being rejected. Report should...
by raylutz
Oct 27, 2007 3:32 am
Topic: Need a way to "select All" for delete; Decouple si
Views: 5222

Need a way to "select All" for delete; Decouple si

Checking all the boxes for a long list is asking for the moon. If a list is deleted, it also deletes the signup form associated with it. --> Add a way to select all for delete. Can uncheck those records that are desired. --> Should decouple the signup forms from specific lists so they are not delete...
by raylutz
Oct 26, 2007 10:41 pm
Topic: Feature requests
Views: 11440

Add %subscribe_url%

It would make sense to also have %subscribe_URL%, in the case when the email is forwarded to others, and you would like to give them the option of subscribing. Sure, it's easy enough to put in the HTML to the subscribe tool, but since you have %unsubscribe_URL%... Also, when I click on these, the te...
by raylutz
Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm
Topic: csv import format problems
Replies: 2
Views: 5716

Work-around + Correction suggestion...

I did an export and I notice now that you have an extra comma at the end of every line STATUS,EMAIL,EMAIL2,NAME,PREFIX,COMPANY,TITLE,ADDRESS,ADDRESS2,CITY,STATE,ZIP,COUNTRY,FAX,ADD_INFO1,ADD_INFO2,CREATED, That's really not standard CSV format, which does not require the extra comma at the end. I wa...
by raylutz
Oct 25, 2007 4:13 pm
Topic: bounce_back.pl bug
Replies: 3
Views: 6071

Please provide a fix

I would rather not get this email each time the cron job is run. I'm sure there is a way to correct the code to correct this. Perhaps you would like to make a suggested change to the perl code. I don't mind editing the file to get rid of this boo-boo.

--Raymond
by raylutz
Oct 25, 2007 4:11 pm
Topic: %trackimage_url%
Views: 6993

Still don't understand %trackimage_url%

You say I can read about it in help. All I can find is this line:

Code: Select all

- %trackimage_url% - replaced with trackimage URL
Which doesn't help much at all. Perhaps you can give me an example of how this is to be used by providing a sample email where it is used.
by raylutz
Oct 25, 2007 6:12 am
Topic: csv import format problems
Replies: 2
Views: 5716

csv import format problems

I can't seem to get the CSV import to work, and your documentation is very limited in that regard! I have created a text file that has this contents: NAME,EMAIL T & Cricket,cabbt@cox.net Jane Cruz,janeano@cox.net Cynthia & Jeanette,cbvanz@msn.com Susan & Nick,sdhc@cox.net But it will not...
by raylutz
Oct 25, 2007 2:54 am
Topic: bounce_back.pl bug
Replies: 3
Views: 6071

bounce_back.pl bug

I receive this error when I run bouce_back.pl as a cron job:

"my" variable $sth masks earlier declaration in same scope at clibs/SQL/CMAIL/User.pm line 157.

Do I have a bad version of the program?

--Raymond
by raylutz
Oct 25, 2007 2:49 am
Topic: %trackimage_url%
Views: 6993

%trackimage_url%

I can't find any documentation with regard to the %trackimage_url%. I imagine this can be used as a means to track viewing of the emails, but I don't see any database marking for whether the email has been viewed (with images enabled).

How do you use the %trackimage_url% tag?

--Raymond