XUpload - Safari Browser Inconsistent Results

Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 25, 2007 2:37 am

Safari Browser Inconsistent Results

#1 Postby jprince » Apr 25, 2007 2:46 am

We have recently installed the Free XUpload. Some minor mods, and
all seemed well. We started to receive complaints from Safari users. I
looked through this forum, and applied changes as indicated, still had
customer complaints. We purchased the Pro version today, located a
Mac to do some localized testing, and can reliably duplicate the problems,
infact we have used the demo (primarly Demo 2) with Popup, directly
from the SibSoft website and have the same problems.

Usually the first time uploading, all works fine.
Subsequent submissions appear to fail, in most cases not even uploading
Popup window indicates "Transfer Complete" usually within 10 seconds.
Test file was approx 1 Meg.
Restart of Safari allow the first submission to work, with the same
symptoms after.
Any help would be appreciated, as most of the clients uploading are
using OSx, with Safari 2.0.4

User avatar
Posts: 2186
Joined: Mar 22, 2006 1:39 pm

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 25, 2007 5:16 am

True. Safari results are inconsistent. Was dancing around to fix this problem. Will email you our latest code which works better for Safari and have some new features.

Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Safari Browser Inconsistent Results

#3 Postby tcody » Apr 30, 2007 4:14 pm

We are also experiencing inconsistent results from Safari users with occasional corrupted files. Zipping files may help, but users are only given instruction to do that as an alternative after a failed upload. I haven't been able to duplicate the error on my Mac with Safari but the problem persists and without a clear pattern. We are using XUpload PRO 2.3.