XFileSharing Pro - server requirements

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
fileup
Posts: 26
Joined: Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

server requirements

#1 Postby fileup » Nov 28, 2011 3:48 pm

hi all

i have a few questions before i purchase the script

can i have a main server just for install and run the script on it?and use another server as file server for download and upload jobs?(for example can i run the script on a vps with 1 gig of ram and directadmin?and user a dedicate server with 8 gig of ram for file server?)

what kind of server is required to just install and run the script on it?and what about the file server?

fileup
Posts: 26
Joined: Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

#2 Postby fileup » Nov 29, 2011 9:05 am

anyone to help me?

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

Re: server requirements

#3 Postby ankurs » Nov 29, 2011 9:32 am

fileup wrote:can i have a main server just for install and run the script on it?and use another server as file server for download and upload jobs?(for example can i run the script on a vps with 1 gig of ram and directadmin?and user a dedicate server with 8 gig of ram for file server?)

yes
fileup wrote:what kind of server is required to just install and run the script on it?and what about the file server?

any linux distro will do

fileup
Posts: 26
Joined: Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

#4 Postby fileup » Nov 29, 2011 3:44 pm

thanks man

how is this server only for main server to run the script on it?

intel Core2 Duo 2.93GHz with 1 or 4 gig of ram (from iweb)

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#5 Postby ankurs » Nov 29, 2011 5:28 pm

fileup wrote:thanks man

how is this server only for main server to run the script on it?

intel Core2 Duo 2.93GHz with 1 or 4 gig of ram (from iweb)

should be fine for a new site, you will need to upgrade once ur site grows

fileup
Posts: 26
Joined: Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

#6 Postby fileup » Nov 30, 2011 4:50 pm

thank you man

i have another question.wich one is more better for main server?linux centos with cpanel or directadmin?

and is it necessary to install cpanel or directadmin on additional file servers too?!(sorry if my question is silly)

nyan
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

#7 Postby nyan » Nov 30, 2011 5:04 pm

fileup wrote:thank you man

i have another question.wich one is more better for main server?linux centos with cpanel or directadmin?

Doesn't matter, whatever you like best.
fileup wrote:and is it necessary to install cpanel or directadmin on additional file servers too?!(sorry if my question is silly)

You don't need any panel on a fileserver. in fact, you never even need those panels if you know a bit of linux.

okpa
Posts: 120
Joined: Apr 08, 2011 12:37 pm

#8 Postby okpa » Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm

AMD or Intel is the best for script?

fileup
Posts: 26
Joined: Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

#9 Postby fileup » Dec 10, 2011 9:06 am

okpa wrote:AMD or Intel is the best for script?


there is no difference


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests