XFileSharing Pro - Slow Speed with 10gbps Port

Message
Author
forumhookers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 08, 2013 4:20 am

Slow Speed with 10gbps Port

#1 Postby forumhookers » Oct 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi,

I have a mid range site . And also i have decent specs for filestorage machine.

Config of my storafe boxes are

12x4tb Raid 6
10gbps port dedicated

And when i do test for HDD speed test it can read and write at 500mbps ~ 5GBPS

And when i do port speed test then can push and download at full 10GBPS.


Here comes the issue.

all my storage machine loads are very low and also they have 1gbps usage over each machine and 4gpbs are left and they can easily push .

But when i download files through site they are pretty slow but when i download through apache without script they are too fast.

I am using nginx and 100% complete mod. So what can be the cause for this?

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Slow Speed with 10gbps Port

#2 Postby ankurs » Oct 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Raid6 is your issue.
forumhookers wrote:But when i download files through site they are pretty slow but when i download through apache without script they are too fast.

The file your are downloading through apache is from the same raid6 partiton ? Or another drive.

forumhookers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 08, 2013 4:20 am

Re: Slow Speed with 10gbps Port

#3 Postby forumhookers » Oct 04, 2013 7:41 am

ankurs wrote:Raid6 is your issue.
forumhookers wrote:But when i download files through site they are pretty slow but when i download through apache without script they are too fast.

The file your are downloading through apache is from the same raid6 partiton ? Or another drive.


same RAID 6 partition.

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Slow Speed with 10gbps Port

#4 Postby ankurs » Oct 04, 2013 8:24 am

forumhookers wrote:
ankurs wrote:Raid6 is your issue.
forumhookers wrote:But when i download files through site they are pretty slow but when i download through apache without script they are too fast.

The file your are downloading through apache is from the same raid6 partiton ? Or another drive.


same RAID 6 partition.

increase the number of nginx workers and see if that helps

forumhookers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 08, 2013 4:20 am

#5 Postby forumhookers » Oct 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi,

So I tried all methods and server getting unresponse in 24 hours in RAID 6.

So what is the recommended config for file storage machine?

Before I have used all hdd seperate and face no problem. As to provide files safety I have move to RAID.

So which RAID is much better than RAID 6

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#6 Postby ankurs » Oct 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Raid10 with ssd caching.

Or just go with jbod and backup files on another server.

PowerChaos
Posts: 521
Joined: Dec 19, 2009 5:12 pm

#7 Postby PowerChaos » Oct 16, 2013 9:06 am

hi,
you can see it at this raid table what is the best raid or what difference it has

http://cp.powerchaos.com/knowledgebase/ ... mance.html

Then for your problem

do you use the dl.cgi to limit speeds or do you use the direct download link ?
also check the ngix config file to see if there is no limits set (ram/cpu/childs )
as if i am not wrong , ngix got a option to limit speeds per childnode (not sure :s )

Greetings From PowerChaos


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”