XFileSharing Pro - Strange Problem from Paypal

mastypk

Strange Problem from Paypal

#1 Postby mastypk » Jun 23, 2010 6:37 am

Hello

Yesterday, I received this email from paypal. I am just using paypal on my file hosting website. Please let me know if someone else has faced the very same problem?

Here is email.
=============================================

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with a secure service. We would like to return your account to regular standing as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.
#

22 Jun 2010: We have recently reviewed your account and have noticed that you are selling items on your website that violate our Acceptable Use Policy. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue our relationship, so we ask that you remove all items from your website that violate our Acceptable Use Policy.

Please note that subsequent violations will result in the closure of your account.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX.)

Kindly please remove my paypal account from your website.

thanks

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Jun 23, 2010 7:01 am

what is your website addr ?

mastypk

#3 Postby mastypk » Jun 23, 2010 8:34 am

lexie

#4 Postby lexie » Jun 23, 2010 9:06 am

Make sure that this letter is not fishing. I think it's just a fake.

mastypk

#5 Postby mastypk » Jun 23, 2010 9:56 am

Hello,

I got this error while logging in to my account. My paypal is limited & seeing this error when I log in :(

PowerChaos

#6 Postby PowerChaos » Jun 23, 2010 11:40 am

paypal does not care about illigal software (if you host anything)
basicly you can use paypal for everything exept fraude

if you get this kind of emails , be sure to check the links where it came from
and be sure to check where it is sended from as some spammers seems to use exsiting domain names with a fake email

to give a example , i get emails from my own domain name that says to change your password on link X

now the question , if i dont send emails and do not even have a email account for that website , so it is 100% phising/spamm

anyway , i got differend sites and i never got a single email of paypal like that

i got other emails of them that my account got locked because my friend logged in to it (they ask to verifie again)
same as it got locked because i transfered a big amount of money (they ask to verifie it more and better)

but i never got a complain about what files i host or where i put the button , as you should know that my paypal i used on more things then only a download site (yes , some sites are not kinda legal and paypal is still on there )

so if i got this email , then i will do this to verifie it

go to paypal and contact them , send them the email you got and ask for more information

probaly email will answer you back that it goes over phising
if not , then they will give you the exact reason and solution to solve it

in your case , if you do not know how to figure out where it came exactly from then i would suggest to do the same , send the email to paypall and ask them if it came from them ([email protected])

if i read the email more and more , then more and more parts are strange to me

why would paypal send you 2 emails ??
i NEVER got a email from them to say that they are screening my account , i only notice it when i login and see a big red bar that says ... verifie please

if they send a email , then they wont send 2 emails , just 1 email with the information that is needed (why sending 2 emails ?? 1 to warn and 1 to confirm ??)

anyway , just contact paypal about it and see what they say
and ask for more information if they realy sended it so you can solve the problem

if the problem is solved , then let us know what the problem was

Thank you
Greetings From PowerChaos