XFileSharing Pro - Thread for XFS Pro 1.8 New Features Requests

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
mrperl
Posts: 65
Joined: Mar 06, 2010 11:40 am

Thread for XFS Pro 1.8 New Features Requests

#1 Postby mrperl » Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Alex and others.

Here's some ideas for new features in the next release:

i) Obviously, fix the 1.7 bugs and i18n problems listed in my other threads.

ii) There is a "site_url" configuration setting now. It would be great if you
can add a new setting "site_images_url" like images.mysite.com to allow,
more parallelization of GETs by browser, CDN's, etc. for static content.

iii) Add an admin option to force registration to make username field just
be an email address.

(Many paid ecommerce sites these days just use email address as the
username because if you know their email address, then the username
is superfluous.)

iv) Collect more translations from users. I see that Italian, Romanian
and Hebrew are missing, but forum users have done the translations.

v) Update source code to run under ModPerl::Registry without hundreds
of warnings, Filter segfault and 10% failed requests under load.

vi) include sample TOS and FAQ pages in correct paths (DONE)

vii) Copyright/DMCA complaint form. (DONE)

Thanks, mrperl.
Last edited by mrperl on Aug 23, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.

ghohan
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 04, 2010 8:22 am

Re: Thread for XFS Pro 1.8 New Features Requests

#2 Postby ghohan » Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm

mrperl wrote:Hi Alex and others.

Here's some ideas for new features in the next release:

i) Obviously, fix the 1.7 bugs and i18n problems listed in my other threads.

ii) There is a "site_url" configuration setting now. It would be great if you
can add a new setting "site_images_url" like images.mysite.com to allow
mod_expires settings, CDN's, etc. for static content.

iii) Add an admin option to force registration to make username field just
be an email address.

(Many paid ecommerce sites these days just use email address as the
username because if you know their email address, then the username
is superfluous.)

iv) Collect more translations from users. I see that Italian, Romanian
and Hebrew are missing, but forum users have done the translations.


Thanks, mrperl.


Slowly bos nanti juga di balas :)

Anagua
Posts: 14
Joined: Jan 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

#3 Postby Anagua » Mar 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Hello, you buy this script for the graphic simplicity of thumb, but could not prove the administration module.

Now I have access to administration, basically I see this very limited

There are only 3 packages, limited liability, Registered and Premium, with no possibility to extend if for example we would like to add 1 package to private users (eg for Uploaders Gold)

Box is not removed from anonymous user package but deactivate it, is still showing in the box also features packages.

In my files when deleted will only accept an entry if you put 30 days is 30 for everyone and we only have the option premium that never expire, would have to be for example:

Anonymous 30 days
Joined 60 days
Premium 90 days
Private (hidden) (not expire or by such directors)

Anonimo (to decide the days) (including options that are equally removed after 30 days even if downloaded)

Join (to decide the days) (including options that are equally removed after 60 days even if downloaded)

Premium (90 days without being unloaded, or 120, or 150 etc etc)

These roles are the default scripts and other series, including also includes the option of seeing pictures and other files without having to pay another separate module.

ghohan
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 04, 2010 8:22 am

#4 Postby ghohan » Mar 07, 2010 11:27 am

Anagua wrote:Hello, you buy this script for the graphic simplicity of thumb, but could not prove the administration module.

Now I have access to administration, basically I see this very limited

There are only 3 packages, limited liability, Registered and Premium, with no possibility to extend if for example we would like to add 1 package to private users (eg for Uploaders Gold)

Box is not removed from anonymous user package but deactivate it, is still showing in the box also features packages.

In my files when deleted will only accept an entry if you put 30 days is 30 for everyone and we only have the option premium that never expire, would have to be for example:

Anonymous 30 days
Joined 60 days
Premium 90 days
Private (hidden) (not expire or by such directors)

Anonimo (to decide the days) (including options that are equally removed after 30 days even if downloaded)

Join (to decide the days) (including options that are equally removed after 60 days even if downloaded)

Premium (90 days without being unloaded, or 120, or 150 etc etc)

These roles are the default scripts and other series, including also includes the option of seeing pictures and other files without having to pay another separate module.


Hello i'm just say please double check before posting.... that feature you mean already available...

for module I'm not agree if that free ... I'm agree with programmers.
because programmers also need to buy their coffee :)

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#5 Postby chrda » Apr 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Some Points for the 1.8 from me:
- Add a date filter for files, like the one on hotfile.
- Folder view under My files, should show how many files that are inside.
- If a siteurl is used in contact form, it will be sent to abuses messages instead. (Saves us for alot of work...
- Option to select more users for delete, instead of one and one.
- Option to choose when not to use daopay etc.. if i only want daopay on the first product.
- Add an option to have a timelimit per file and not per 100Mb
- Admin setting to disable full public links on user (user must share folders themself)

Some bigger stuff
- Buildt in Nginx solution, like a mods.. so we can update our version without fucking things up.
- Find a solution to fight jdownloader, megaupload is doing something with captcha.. so some kind of randomizer to mess up jdownloader.
Ill easy pay 50$ for a mod like that..

adiga
Posts: 177
Joined: Jul 23, 2009 2:27 am
Contact:

#6 Postby adiga » Apr 01, 2010 7:30 pm

1- traffic share mode like rapidshare
2- tow points system ( free points and primum points like rapidshare ) to
3- setting for image mod show without Pre-download page
Last edited by adiga on Apr 01, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterdays
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10, 2010 3:56 pm

#7 Postby peterdays » Apr 01, 2010 8:01 pm

a feature to let us swap files between servers would be very nice.

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#8 Postby chrda » Apr 01, 2010 8:32 pm

swapping files are already there.. i am doing it.
In the bottom of admin files area if i aint mistaken.

michalss
Posts: 41
Joined: Feb 08, 2010 1:31 pm

#9 Postby michalss » Apr 02, 2010 4:39 am

adiga wrote:1- traffic share mode like rapidshare
2- tow points system ( free points and primum points like rapidshare ) to
3- setting for image mod show without Pre-download page



You can have a look here i having custom points download system.
http://loadfiles.in

BTW very popular :)

adiga
Posts: 177
Joined: Jul 23, 2009 2:27 am
Contact:

#10 Postby adiga » Apr 02, 2010 2:39 pm

michalss wrote:
adiga wrote:1- traffic share mode like rapidshare
2- tow points system ( free points and primum points like rapidshare ) to
3- setting for image mod show without Pre-download page



You can have a look here i having custom points download system.
http://loadfiles.in

BTW very popular :)


Yes, like this addition to free points system

adiga
Posts: 177
Joined: Jul 23, 2009 2:27 am
Contact:

#11 Postby adiga » Apr 02, 2010 3:00 pm

1- add new setting for members Don't expire register user's files
2- can upload .swf files and show loke images

revive
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 04, 2010 6:40 am

Clean up the code...

#12 Postby revive » Apr 04, 2010 6:46 am

The first request I would make, after just purchasing and customizing the layout for Gigashares.net is to have the code cleaned up..

For example:
<center> is deprecated, using CSS with a width setting and margin:auto does the same thing and is 'current'

USING CAPS for HTML tags is not only poor coding, it can cause errors in some browsers.. eg. <Script> should be <script>, <Table> should be <table>

This may seem a little 'nit picky',. but when it comes to rendering the site properly across all the picky browsers we have these days.. it's best to eliminate as many issues as possible through 'good' coding.

***
The next request would be for a better templating system.. it's not 'bad' as it is.. but it could be greatly refined and much easier to use - meaning: MORE PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT BECAUSE IT'S EASY TO CUSTOMIZE :D

That's my 2 cents for now.. thanks again

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#13 Postby ankurs » Apr 19, 2010 1:50 pm

A simple suggestion make the script capable of displaying 1024MB as 1GB , currently it looks confusing to users when they see 50000MB when it should be 50GB, looks much more readable.

Example space used or available is show in MBs instead of GB or TB

mastypk
Posts: 124
Joined: Apr 04, 2010 11:49 am

#14 Postby mastypk » Jun 30, 2010 8:18 pm

1. Split/Merge Big Files.
2. Add More Payment processor like ePassporte,
3. Add more file hosting sites in URL leech like sendspace, mediafire, uploading, etc
4. FTP Upload Support
5. My Site = payment program for website owners.
6. Commission Percentage on Premium Sales.
7. Enhance your "Report Mod", Make it like sharingmatrix or others.

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

#15 Postby ankurs » Jul 01, 2010 7:09 am

1. Add % revenue share on premium sales to affiliates
2. Rework reports mod, take a look at fileserve/sharingmatrix reports
3. Add dashboard look at fileserve
4. Add ajax on download page; instead of sending user on next page to get direct download link , check implementation on fileserve and sharingmatrix
5. Get a new default template, more cleaner and xhtml valid
6. Get ngnix complete download mod properly
7. Add something for free users like, wait time on the first file is only 30 seconds! And then it's 10 minutes for every download after that.
8. Torrents mod; put more options like x torrents per day / week / month can be added by registered / premium users.
9. Display filesizes/speeds/storage space in KB/MB/GB/TB currently its all in MB or bytes
10. rework My Files ; check Fileserve


We need most of these, if we have to compete with big file hosts !


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests