XFileSharing Pro - Tips for Faster Video Encoding Without Changing Hardware

topi21

Tips for Faster Video Encoding Without Changing Hardware

#1 Postby topi21 » Apr 27, 2023 12:29 pm

Hello,

I have a question. Does anyone have any tips for video encoding to make it faster without having to change the CPU, but only with settings adjustments? I have set it to 720px, 18 CRF, and 96kbps. It's fast for some files, but for highly compressed files .mkv, it takes time, especially for files smaller than 720 pixels, particularly videos with bands on the sides. Do you have any tips or suggestions for encoding multiple files simultaneously on the server? I have a lot of RAM. In short, do you have any advice without having to change server hardware?

Thank you

topi21

Re: Tips for Faster Video Encoding Without Changing Hardware

#2 Postby topi21 » Apr 27, 2023 3:02 pm

how can the modification of the CRF be taken into account without rebooting the server?
because :
systemctl restart httpd.service
systemctl reload httpd

does not work

topi21

#3 Postby topi21 » May 23, 2023 3:41 pm

Hello,

It is important to choose the script carefully.

I took the xfilesharing because there are beautiful themes, but I want videos

There are lots of xfilesvideo modules that I want to have but which are not available on xfilesharing. :cry:

I should have chosen xfilesvideo and then modified the CSS and it was perfect. :|

topi21

#4 Postby topi21 » Jun 20, 2023 11:31 pm

Hello everyone, I'm circling back to share my experience. I've switched from xfilesharing to xvdideosharing, with the migration carried out by the support team – it was truly seamless. I even had a custom theme designed, which was top-notch, I highly recommend it.

But what really mattered to me was the bandwidth. So, by changing scripts, for the same number of peak hour live views on the videos, I saved between 3 and 6 Gbps, which is huge. Thanks to all the options and modules, I was able to optimize everything perfectly. The encoding with xvideosharing is truly excellent, it's a gem of a website :D

However, I'd like to bring up a drawback. On xvideosharing, I activated the option to upload files that aren't videos, and while that's a good feature, it's nothing extraordinary - xfilesharing really excels when it comes to file and image sharing. For instance, with images, they are directly visible on the platform. Furthermore, for .mp3 files, xfilesharing included a built-in audio player, which made playing them a breeze. There were loads of fantastic little features that made the file-sharing experience on xfilesharing much more seamless and enjoyable.

I want to thank the support team for their patience, they were terrific, especially considering I'm very meticulous. Thanks for reading!
8)