Search found 149 matches

by trinsic
Jan 26, 2015 8:55 pm
Forum: XFileSharing Pro
Topic: 2 questions about Abuse (DMCA) Requests.
Replies: 1
Views: 2022

Anti-spam is fine, but you should check your spam box. It's pretty easy to see which emails are legit as they have similar titles.

I've been running my site since 2005 and don't reply to take-downs unless they ask.
by trinsic
Jun 27, 2014 3:31 am
Topic: DMCA Complaints
Replies: 8
Views: 4112

DtecNet is a bot by MarkMonitor. https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/removals/copyright/reporters/199/MarkMonitor-AntiPiracy/ They remove some 200,000-400,000 URLs a week. Don't ignore DMCA's unless you want to get in actual legal trouble. As you can see from the requests they represent the bi...
by trinsic
May 23, 2014 1:22 am
Topic: XFilesharing Pro site monitoring
Replies: 40
Views: 32509

Did you upgrade straight from 1.9 to 2.2?
by trinsic
Mar 11, 2014 8:20 am
Topic: XFilesharing Pro 2.2 is out
Replies: 26
Views: 12430

How experimental is the S3 integration? I'd love to test it out. Any information you can give about it? Does it integrate fully into XFS? e.g can files be transferred to it, multiple uploads etc.. Are there any any known issues with it currently? Is it hard coded to Amazon or can other S3 API file s...
by trinsic
Jan 24, 2014 9:03 am
Topic: Out of Memory
Replies: 2
Views: 2191

You have to turn on direct links to limit the processes.
by trinsic
Nov 20, 2013 4:02 am
Topic: 2.2 Feature Requests
Replies: 38
Views: 20732

DMCA Accounts which can disable files for X weeks (for counter-notice purposes) before being purged. I believe in privacy of users so a file manager shouldn't be provided to agents, just the ability to disable the URL's they submit. Deleted files should not be deleted straight away but instead put i...
by trinsic
Sep 30, 2013 1:47 am
Topic: Clarifications Please
Replies: 10
Views: 4834

Most 100TB servers won't allow file hosts and you need way more storage.
by trinsic
Sep 05, 2013 4:42 am
Topic: Any chance to undo the deleted files
Replies: 7
Views: 3708

Would probably be a good idea for the next version of XFS to put the files into a recycle bin of sorts with a fixed expire date (of the admins choosing). Good for DMCA counter-notices and files deleted by accident.
by trinsic
Sep 02, 2013 12:47 am
Topic: CPM and PopUnder networks
Replies: 12
Views: 5814

I'm using:
Adcash (banners)
RevenueHits (banners)
PropellerAds (pop-unders)

Always looking for better as the banners don't return anything significant.
by trinsic
Sep 02, 2013 12:43 am
Topic: Server with more than one Hard Drive
Replies: 3
Views: 2723

No it won't, currently the second disk will be completely unused.

As above you need to set up a new fs on it and treat it as a new server with a different URL.
by trinsic
May 27, 2013 4:06 am
Topic: Am I doing this right? Moving 2 fileservers into 1
Replies: 2
Views: 2433

Have you confirmed the third server is working?, set it to read only in admin_servers and transfer a file within admin_files and test that way. Make sure the time zone is in sync with all other servers. You're correct in that all you need to do is copy the uploads folder and change the srv_id in MyS...
by trinsic
Mar 28, 2013 1:27 am
Topic: direct link generator problem
Replies: 1
Views: 2463

You have the option of limiting download links to a single IP which prevents the sharing of links with other users.

Secondly to force download you need to set the mime type to application/octet-stream. You can change the mime type of files in your web server config.
by trinsic
Jan 03, 2013 2:07 am
Topic: Nginx and low speed
Replies: 5
Views: 3171

As ankurs has pointed out, single threaded downloads will require a datacenter with good BGP routing. No amount of settings will help here. You could build edge servers to geographically serve files from key points around the globe but this is going to up yours costs quite a bit and you'll need to h...
by trinsic
Jan 03, 2013 2:03 am
Topic: Server questions
Replies: 3
Views: 2092

Depends on the port. If you go for 100MBps servers then you can use almost anything, Atom servers will use an entire 100MBps port no problems with 4 HDDs. Anything more than 100MBps and you'll need to up the CPU and RAM, I personally use the current generation Intel E3-1230 v2 in my 25TB file server...
by trinsic
Dec 28, 2012 11:56 pm
Topic: Disk I/O low performances
Replies: 18
Views: 8136

Do you have a dedicated GBit link or an unmetered one? If you're not paying minimum $500 a month then you don't have a Gbit link and you can likely only burst it for short amounts of time and average 300-400MBps.