Search found 67 matches

by universe
Jan 22, 2016 12:16 pm
Forum: XFileSharing Pro
Topic: payweb.co Scam?
Replies: 41
Views: 29512

Thanks birra for your answer. However, I would like to hear some positive story from an old trusted member than a completely fresh account, since a screenshot can easily be faked.

So the others... Did you get your payments?
by universe
Apr 28, 2015 9:47 am
Topic: Increasing cheating/fraudulent downloads
Replies: 2
Views: 2750

Since most hosts pay decent money only for big files, in most cases the "100% complete download mod" should help to prevent fake downloads, since no cheater will transfer dozens of GB just for getting some fake downloads credited.
by universe
Jan 15, 2015 5:53 pm
Topic: How to increase traffic / visitors to my file sharing site?
Replies: 3
Views: 2754

Make good offers to attract good affiliates and they will drive traffic to your site. As simple like that.
by universe
Sep 02, 2014 11:24 am
Topic: Files not getting deleted automatically
Replies: 1
Views: 1729

Probably your cronjob is not set up properly, you can try to run it manually and see if they'll get deleted ;)
by universe
Nov 19, 2013 1:18 pm
Topic: Reseller
Replies: 1
Views: 2215

What payment methods can you offer?
by universe
Nov 19, 2013 1:12 pm
Topic: 2.2 Feature Requests
Replies: 38
Views: 20723

Can you already give us a rough time schedule when we can estimate a first beta and maybe the final version of 2.2?
by universe
Nov 04, 2013 8:48 am
Topic: Automatic MD5 file hashtag for identifying individual users
Replies: 5
Views: 2935

First of all I think it is too specific for Sibsoft so they will not develop any extension for it - not even a paid one so you'll have to manage it yourself or find a skilled coder. If you think, that someone who steals your work would also remove metadata (which is in fact easy if you know about it...
by universe
Nov 03, 2013 9:55 am
Topic: Automatic MD5 file hashtag for identifying individual users
Replies: 5
Views: 2935

What sort of files are you handling? Several kinds of files have included some sort of metadata in the file, such as the ID3 tag in MP3 files or the Exif data in photos where you can store any kind of information without destroying the file. So if you use a metadata capable file format for your file...
by universe
Apr 25, 2013 8:32 am
Topic: Question about fileservers DNS shown to the public
Views: 2782

When you are downloading a file, you see the exact URL to the file which is transfered so if your fileserver is hosted on fs1.xfilesharing.com you can check the IP and make a whois on it. There is no way to hide the source of an incoming file transfer in the browser. You could of course hide it behi...
by universe
Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am
Topic: XFilesharing Pro site monitoring
Replies: 40
Views: 32485

The script looks very interesting and also the theme is much more professional than what I would expect from sibsoft (which didn't care much for the theme in the past). But: I wonder why this module is outsourced to your server? I don't like to disclose so much information with "others"......
by universe
Feb 14, 2013 10:06 pm
Topic: Download Files Limit per Day
Views: 2279

However it's not that hard to customize it that you can set a specific number of files per user per day. But you need a Perl coder for that...
by universe
Feb 12, 2013 7:46 pm
Topic: session.pm error
Views: 2649

Compare your operating system and perl version, one of these both should be different if it's not working on your new server...
by universe
Feb 12, 2013 5:40 pm
Topic: session.pm error
Views: 2649

Re: session.pm error

Contact support, this is the crypted part of XFS and contains also the license check. I'm pretty sure they will help you how to solve it ;)
by universe
Feb 07, 2013 11:48 am
Topic: XFilesharing Pro site monitoring
Replies: 40
Views: 32485

You have to register an account and then install a script on your site to test it.
by universe
Feb 07, 2013 12:27 am
Topic: Adding new server, What am I doing wrong?
Views: 2643

If you post a question and then "fixed it", don't post anything at all. At least give some advice what was causing the error and how you fixed it...
If you don't do that, you will never get a good answer in the forums because you don't share anything yourself ;)