XFileSharing Pro - using two webservers (Apache for Up and Litespeed for DL)

Message
Author
Mr_parham
Posts: 36
Joined: Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm

using two webservers (Apache for Up and Litespeed for DL)

#1 Postby Mr_parham » Sep 02, 2012 8:24 am

Hi

I have a problem with litespeed and that is not letting my users upload large file (I paid a lot of people but no one could solve the problem), I also have a problem with apache as well which is not being able to handle all of the connections, so i was wondering is there a way to use apache for remote uploading but using litespeed on another port (let's say 8080) for downloading the files, if yes how can i do that in server settings.

Thanks in advance

ufkabakan
Posts: 332
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

#2 Postby ufkabakan » Sep 02, 2012 8:39 am

Can you post your ATOP SS?

http://sibsoft.net/forum/share-your-atop-ss-t5049.html

How much connection do you have on apache?
QuadCore CPU, 16GB Ram and good optimization can handle 2K connection easly. My old server can handle 3,5K-4K with high loads on Apache.

Mr_parham
Posts: 36
Joined: Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm

#3 Postby Mr_parham » Sep 02, 2012 8:54 am

ufkabakan wrote:Can you post your ATOP SS?

http://sibsoft.net/forum/share-your-atop-ss-t5049.html

How much connection do you have on apache?
QuadCore CPU, 16GB Ram and good optimization can handle 2K connection easly. My old server can handle 3,5K-4K with high loads on Apache.

Here is my server configuration

Dell PowerEdge D6-650 Carbon-Neutral Server
CentOS Linux 6.x
Control Panel: Cpanel
CPU: 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
Memory: 64GB DDR3 ECC Memory
Hard Disk Configuration: 8 x 2TB SAS 7,200 RPM
Raid: H700 Raid Controller with BBU - Raid 10
Dedicated Bandwidth: 10Gbps

And here is what you were looking for
http://i46.tinypic.com/5xls9s.jpg

I'm currently using litespeed BUT if i switch to apache it would only work for about 10 minute and then server would be un-accessible!

Mr_parham
Posts: 36
Joined: Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm

#4 Postby Mr_parham » Sep 02, 2012 8:56 am

Oh, i forgot about the number of connections, in the day i get about 1k - 1.5k but at nights it's about 2.5k and it sometimes go as high as 4k-5k :) but even in the day which is only 1-1.5k the server cant take it with apache

ufkabakan
Posts: 332
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

#5 Postby ufkabakan » Sep 02, 2012 11:59 am

You can handle easly 2-3k connection on Apache with this hardware.
You need good optimized Apache and Linux Kernel configs i think.

You can see my lowerspec server with handle 1600-1700 connections on ATOP ss. I can handle on my same lowspec server 2,5K connections on peak hours.

nyan
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

#6 Postby nyan » Sep 02, 2012 12:06 pm

In Edit File Server menu
Just put cgi-bin on port 8080 with apache and files url on port 80 with nginx or litespeed
Be sure to block cgi-bin on litespeed!

Mr_parham
Posts: 36
Joined: Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm

#7 Postby Mr_parham » Sep 02, 2012 6:58 pm

nyan wrote:In Edit File Server menu
Just put cgi-bin on port 8080 with apache and files url on port 80 with nginx or litespeed
Be sure to block cgi-bin on litespeed!

Is it possible to download the files from port 8080 and use apache as default?? if yes can you send me a picture of the settings i would have to do in server configuration in XFS??

PS - Looking at hipfile.com it seems like it is possible, i just dont know how

nyan
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

#8 Postby nyan » Sep 02, 2012 9:36 pm

ye sure, that's how i run my stuff (apache on port 80 for premium dls and uploads and higher priority packets via iptables, nginx on port 81 for regular downloads)
http://snag.gy/KFiFs.jpg
I run an older version, but it's probably the same.

ufkabakan
Posts: 332
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

#9 Postby ufkabakan » Sep 03, 2012 12:40 am

nyan wrote:ye sure, that's how i run my stuff (apache on port 80 for premium dls and uploads and higher priority packets via iptables, nginx on port 81 for regular downloads)
http://snag.gy/KFiFs.jpg
I run an older version, but it's probably the same.


Can you paste/share your nginx.conf file in here?

nyan
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

#10 Postby nyan » Sep 03, 2012 10:57 am

ufkabakan wrote:
nyan wrote:ye sure, that's how i run my stuff (apache on port 80 for premium dls and uploads and higher priority packets via iptables, nginx on port 81 for regular downloads)
http://snag.gy/KFiFs.jpg
I run an older version, but it's probably the same.


Can you paste/share your nginx.conf file in here?

This is for 100mbit server nginx 1.3

Code: Select all

user  www-data;
worker_processes  4;
#number of cpu cores

#error_log  logs/error.log;
#error_log  logs/error.log  notice;
#error_log  logs/error.log  info;

#pid        logs/nginx.pid;


events {
    worker_connections  512;
#you can go up to 1500 per worker probably
}


http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    sendfile        on;
    keepalive_timeout  35;
   limit_conn_zone $binary_remote_addr zone=zone_name:10m;
    limit_rate_after 66m;
    limit_rate 777k;
#limit free users to 777 kbyte/sec

    server {
        listen       81;
        server_name  localhost;
                access_log off;
                error_log off crit; #doesn't actually work
        location /cgi-bin/ {
                 deny all;
#                 return 404; (<nginx 1.0)
        }
#premium stuff
        location /files2/ {
                 deny all;
#                 return 404;
        }
        location / {
             limit_conn zone_name 2;
            root   /path/to/www;
            index  index.html index.htm;
        }
    }


}

That's it, works like a charm

Mr_parham
Posts: 36
Joined: Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm

#11 Postby Mr_parham » Sep 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I installed nginx on port 80 and apache on port 8888 BUT when i try to change it in the server details in XFS settings it time out or give some random errors (I tried opening domain.com:8080/cgi-bin and it work fine)

nyan
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

#12 Postby nyan » Sep 08, 2012 2:20 pm

what error exactly?

What happens when you just change the port in mysql directly?

PowerChaos
Posts: 521
Joined: Dec 19, 2009 5:12 pm

#13 Postby PowerChaos » Sep 10, 2012 11:29 pm

if you like , i want to take a look at the apache and configure it to handle the needes requests you like to have

but i can not work with nginx so i can not install the mutli part ( i can install apache on port 8080 or any port you like )

i first like to make a deal
if i fail to get it working then you dint lose anyhting :D

Greetings From PowerChaos


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests