XFileSharing Pro - Virus

Kay

Virus

#1 Postby Kay » Oct 17, 2009 4:02 am

Hello

I think somebody uploaded files infected with virus and now my website is blocked by google and reported attack site.

how can I scan the files and the website to find out the files caused the problem? I need help to fix this problem pls.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Virus

#2 Postby admin » Oct 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Kay wrote:Hello

I think somebody uploaded files infected with virus and now my website is blocked by google and reported attack site.

how can I scan the files and the website to find out the files caused the problem? I need help to fix this problem pls.

You should install ClamAV antivirus on each file server and edit XFSConfig.pm on each server.

There's setting:

Code: Select all

enable_clamav_virus_scan => '0',
When set to 1, it will scan every uploaded file for virus.

castledracula

#3 Postby castledracula » Oct 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Its hard to believe but sometimes the malicious codes come from advertisers, some advertisers companies dont even realize that their advertisers are putting malicious codes on their ads check onto that, when google scan your pages and find this kind of exploitation codes more than a few times is when your site flagged as an attack site, you should run an antivirus and temporary remove of your ads, then check different pages with this webtool http://safeweb.norton.com/ , after you are clean then send an email to google and make sure no ads are on your site when google visit your site again.

chrda

#4 Postby chrda » Oct 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Hows the IO Waits if clamav is checking every file? can it break big servers?