XFileSharing Pro - Add a new server

Message
Author
acbirja
Posts: 24
Joined: Feb 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Add a new server

#1 Postby acbirja » May 27, 2011 7:10 am

Hello.

We have a server running low on space, want to connect a second server, which files should be downloaded to the second server?

Upload file when doing a new (second server), when the 1-th server is filled to 100%?
The script itself defines?

And in the future if we want to make one big server, what problems might arise?

nyan
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Re: Add a new server

#2 Postby nyan » May 27, 2011 11:16 am

acbirja wrote:Hello.

We have a server running low on space, want to connect a second server, which files should be downloaded to the second server?

Upload file when doing a new (second server), when the 1-th server is filled to 100%?
The script itself defines?

And in the future if we want to make one big server, what problems might arise?

The script uses round robin uploading:
upload 1 uploads to server 1
upload 2 uploads to server 2
upload 3 uploads to server 1
upload 4 uploads to server 2 etc

When server 1 is full it will only upload to server 2, if there is some space it will also upload to server 1. All automatically

There should be no problems merging the fileservers if you keep to this schem. (to avoid downtime and dns downtime)

Create dns entries for s8 , s9 , s10.site.com to the new server.
wait a day for dns to propogate.
On new big server install 1 xfs that allows uploads on vhost s10.site.com
Put all other fileservers to read only and transfer files to the new server
chmod the transfered files properly and create vhosts for s8, s9 and s10

Change in the xfs control panel the old fileservers to the new ip and vhost and all should work.

acbirja
Posts: 24
Joined: Feb 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: Add a new server

#3 Postby acbirja » Jun 05, 2011 1:01 pm

nyan wrote:
acbirja wrote:Hello.

We have a server running low on space, want to connect a second server, which files should be downloaded to the second server?

Upload file when doing a new (second server), when the 1-th server is filled to 100%?
The script itself defines?

And in the future if we want to make one big server, what problems might arise?

The script uses round robin uploading:
upload 1 uploads to server 1
upload 2 uploads to server 2
upload 3 uploads to server 1
upload 4 uploads to server 2 etc

When server 1 is full it will only upload to server 2, if there is some space it will also upload to server 1. All automatically

There should be no problems merging the fileservers if you keep to this schem. (to avoid downtime and dns downtime)

Create dns entries for s8 , s9 , s10.site.com to the new server.
wait a day for dns to propogate.
On new big server install 1 xfs that allows uploads on vhost s10.site.com
Put all other fileservers to read only and transfer files to the new server
chmod the transfered files properly and create vhosts for s8, s9 and s10

Change in the xfs control panel the old fileservers to the new ip and vhost and all should work.


Hello!

We want to make multiple servers, but the system generates this error:
File Server tests:
api.cgi: ERROR (
Software error:
Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: Modules . /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at api.cgi line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at api.cgi line 8.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
)
upload.cgi: ERROR (problems with link)
htdocs URL accessibility: OK

What is the problem and how to solve this?

Regards Azad

nyan
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 28, 2010 8:01 pm

#4 Postby nyan » Jun 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Read the install manual you get when downloading the zip from your client area.

If you don't have any Perl modules, you can install them through SSH console (putty) manually:
perl -MCPAN -e shell
install LWP
install DBI
install DBD::mysql
install GD

acbirja
Posts: 24
Joined: Feb 19, 2011 12:31 pm

#5 Postby acbirja » Jun 06, 2011 9:21 am

nyan wrote:Read the install manual you get when downloading the zip from your client area.

If you don't have any Perl modules, you can install them through SSH console (putty) manually:
perl -MCPAN -e shell
install LWP
install DBI
install DBD::mysql
install GD


this error corrected.

Now this problem

1. apload idiot when the process bar is not visible (mozhut kakyata mod_security2 apache configuration change download cache settings on the new server?)

2. after apload file can not do dovnload wrote on the browser Wrong IP


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”