XFileSharing Pro - free users parallel downloads

dzimi83

free users parallel downloads

#1 Postby dzimi83 » Mar 12, 2009 11:28 am

Hello,

i am wondering about the free users max parallel downloads options. I was thought that should look like that:

1. download ticket reserved (IP written to SQL database with state -> start/downloading)
2. perl script dl.pl/download.pl read and push the file to the user IP, after finish the script should change the SQL statement in database ( state -> closed)

The download1.html page script should read (check) the IP statement (downloading/fre) in the SQL database. If the IP don't downloading file it's free and can reserve the download ticket.
If the IP currently downloading the file download1.html page script should write: "Your IP currently downloading file.. bla bla bla" :)

It is possible to do it/add it to the 1.4 script ? :) Did you think about it ?

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Sure I thought bout this. But there are few things:
1) dl.cgi is EVIL. It's for low-load systems only cause it give high cpu load to server. It's for those of you who wants speed limit too much.

2) According to 1) I wanted to make dl.cgi as simple as possible so I don't wanna add heavy network module there to request main server.

I don't wanna put much efforts on dl.cgi, I recommend using direct links mode since it's giving resume support and lowest load to the server.