XUpload - XUpload status bar problem in Media Temple

nroberto

XUpload status bar problem in Media Temple

#1 Postby nroberto » May 28, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi,

I have a little problem with XUpload in Media Temple server.

The perl script works, but the status window remains blank until the upload is complete and then quickly advances to 100%.

I added a .htaccess file to the folder my XUpload cgi scripts are in as follows (describe in XUpload help):

SetEnvIfNoCase Content-Type "^multipart/form-data;" "MODSEC_NOPOSTBUFFERING=Do not buffer file uploads"

Can u guys help me with that ? Media Temple support says that is out side of our scope of support with 3rd party software.

The test form:
http://www.accornews.com.br/upload_form.html

Tks in advance !

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » May 28, 2007 1:30 pm

It's telling "Upload Failed" after all. So it can't find temp files in temp folder...check your config...there should be Full correct paths. (Some users use URL's :) by mistake )

Also check if temp files creating or not. Windows or Linux server?

nroberto

#3 Postby nroberto » May 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi Pilgrim,

Thanks for fast reply !

Well, i put the same directory for temp and upload files. Fixed now, but the "upload failed" message persists.

Is a Linux server. And the files are up, but don´t show the status bar like my local server... any sugest ?

Tks !

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » May 29, 2007 5:39 am

"Upload Fails" means there are no temp files was created...sometimes they creating but filesystem caching them and they appear later. I saw your hosting - it's grid system, so filecaching usually ON there.

So here's quick hack for you: in upload_status.cgi replace

Code: Select all

for(1..3)
with

for(1..30)
this will help to avoid "Upload Failed" message and progress will start after some delay.

nroberto

#5 Postby nroberto » May 30, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi,

I change the lines as you said, but the progress bar just show after upload file... so curious ! Maybe a server security issue ?

PilgrimX182

#6 Postby PilgrimX182 » May 31, 2007 7:08 am

Allright. I think I know what's your problem. It's apache output caching. This happens on some servers, pretty rare situation. Ajax mode was implemented for these situations in Pro version.

But if you wanna use free one, here goes quick hack that should help you:
in upload_status.cgi find "print"<Script>SP($size,$time,$speed,0,$time_left);</Script>";"

and add below it:

print "<!--".('x'x4500)."-->";
this should fix output caching.

nroberto

#7 Postby nroberto » May 31, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanks for your help again.

I made as you said, but still not showing the status bar.

Maybe media temple gridserver does not locate upload file ?
http://www.mediatemple.net/webhosting/gs

PilgrimX182

#8 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jun 01, 2007 5:28 am

Well...could be...you can check this manually with FTP or SSH, just look into temp folder during upload. But I think it's both disk and output caching, worst case :) You can provide me with FTP or SSH access to xupload folder so I can try to make it work. But we had pretty bad experience with clusters.