XFileSharing Pro - good datacenter for file hosting - Page 2

tommylee

#16 Postby tommylee » Dec 03, 2009 7:16 pm

ankurs wrote: Both are costly for bulk bandwidth.
maybe but at least its real bandwidth they offer, unlike some unlimited offers from some companies where all servers connected sharing a limited capacity in reality.

anyway if anyone has better alternatives available I would like to see it too :)

jeyul

#17 Postby jeyul » Dec 03, 2009 7:37 pm

http://www.giga-international.com
I am from Romania so I use a hosting company from the country but I was interested in this hosting company.

naga

#18 Postby naga » Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

GMC wrote:
GMC wrote:Mine sucks so I wont give you their names

Down more than up :(
I just found out mine is a OVH server through a reseller

Its down again and NO ONE can get it up for me

Frustrating!
it's down? there is an automated reboot system in the manager, if the server remains down ovh will notice it via their ping system and they will look at it right away... there's also a 5% payment back per hour of downtime in the SLA...
Also their phone support is pretty good but I guess that doesnt help you since you're from a reseller:/

ankurs

#19 Postby ankurs » Dec 04, 2009 4:52 am

tommylee wrote:
ankurs wrote: Both are costly for bulk bandwidth.
maybe but at least its real bandwidth they offer, unlike some unlimited offers from some companies where all servers connected sharing a limited capacity in reality.

anyway if anyone has better alternatives available I would like to see it too :)
not viable option for file sharing sites ; you dont make thousands from ads to spend on premium bandwidth

there are other places where you can get decent unshared bandwidth

GMC

#20 Postby GMC » Dec 04, 2009 5:34 am

naga wrote:
GMC wrote:
GMC wrote:Mine sucks so I wont give you their names

Down more than up :(
I just found out mine is a OVH server through a reseller

Frustrating!
it's down? there is an automated reboot system in the manager, if the server remains down ovh will notice it via their ping system and they will look at it right away... there's also a 5% payment back per hour of downtime in the SLA...
Also their phone support is pretty good but I guess that doesnt help you since you're from a reseller:/
Yep - the reseller has none of this

If I cant get into it by Putty - My reseller cant get in either

So we have to wait for OVH

Shortest time has been 8 hours - longest 26!!!!

pvakr

#21 Postby pvakr » Dec 14, 2009 5:28 pm

naga wrote:Ovh.com is my favorite
Currently have 4 servers and using around 250 mbit average(just over 80 TB/mo) for just over 120 euros per month :)

Hi naga,

can u help me getting a good deal with ovh?From how long ur with ovh/

Hendrickson

#22 Postby Hendrickson » Dec 15, 2009 9:17 am

Hard to find a good host. I've had issues with mine. So called 100Mbit unmetered. They keep logining to my machine and setting the port to 10Mbit to suit them.

I have to nettool and set 100Mbit every few days...To many cowboys unmetered firms out there.

pvakr

#23 Postby pvakr » Dec 15, 2009 9:24 am

Anybody had good experience with OVH?

I think the guy who told OVH is very good (in this thread) also changed to other one.

Any suggestions?

GMC

#24 Postby GMC » Dec 15, 2009 11:25 am

pvakr wrote:Anybody had good experience with OVH?
GMC wrote:
naga wrote:
GMC wrote:I just found out mine is a OVH server through a reseller

Frustrating!
Yep - the reseller has none of this

If I cant get into it by Putty - My reseller cant get in either

So we have to wait for OVH

Shortest time has been 8 hours - longest 26!!!!
Mine is down AGAIN

The sooner I leave them the better

naga

#25 Postby naga » Dec 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Pvakr wrote:
Anybody had good experience with OVH?

I think the guy who told OVH is very good (in this thread) also changed to other one.

--
Hi naga,

can u help me getting a good deal with ovh?From how long ur with ovh/

I'm still with OVH and have used them for almost 2 years, have 5 servers running smoothly but unfortunately also one with a speed issue to the US (still 100 mbit total though). And sorry I can't get you a good deal since I don't resell:/

GMC wrote:
Mine is down AGAIN

Sucks to hear that you're not having a good time with them... What is the response from the support?(get your reseller to check the incident ticket)

GMC

#26 Postby GMC » Dec 19, 2009 7:02 am

GMC wrote:
Mine is down AGAIN

Sucks to hear that you're not having a good time with them... What is the response from the support?(get your reseller to check the incident ticket)
Firstly - its down again = lol

And the reseller doesnt care - they keep telling me they are looking into it - SURE THEY ARE

I am setting up a new server now - I cant deal with this incompetence any longer

chennaihomie

#27 Postby chennaihomie » Dec 19, 2009 9:34 pm

What budget you expect a good server? There are lot of companies which provide servers apart from OVH which can be used for file hosting.

pvakr

#28 Postby pvakr » Dec 25, 2009 8:28 pm

chennaihomie wrote:What budget you expect a good server? There are lot of companies which provide servers apart from OVH which can be used for file hosting.

can u suggest a cheaper one for file hosting...

chennaihomie

#29 Postby chennaihomie » Dec 25, 2009 8:32 pm

What bandwidth you are getting.

100mpbs dedicated in NL is about 200euros and 1gbps dedicated is about 1200euros/mo

Bandwidth in EU is cheaper when compared to bandwidth in US but streaming in US to US is far better and faster than streaming from NL to US.

Mega B

#30 Postby Mega B » Dec 26, 2009 12:56 am

I am currently running http://www.filethe.net using 2.5TB storage,2TB bandwidth and 1gig connection for $139 a month from wholesaleinternet.net and will be ordering another one from them in january.