Request Tutorial apache for upload and nginx for download

Powerfull XFileSharing version

Moderator: admin

Message
Author
idupload
Posts: 97
Joined: Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am
Location: Indonesia

Request Tutorial apache for upload and nginx for download

#1 Postby idupload » Sep 29, 2010 11:06 am

I have problem to give service to my users.
I have several file server and the problem is my httpd from Apache continues drop or to many users activity and make my file server going down.

Any suggestion for me from you guys?
several VPS with Ram 2GB with 500GB Hdd or 1GB ram with 500GB hdd?
Target user 1000 - 2000 user download and upload in same time

and for main server I should need how big ram and processor to cover all several vps ??

I hope I could get tutorial apache for upload files and nginx for download files from this threads.


I need friend and moderator sibsoft here to solve my problem and maybe your problems too...

idupload
Posts: 97
Joined: Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am
Location: Indonesia

#2 Postby idupload » Sep 29, 2010 11:18 am

I already setup in my file server

Code: Select all

yum install nginx

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Request Tutorial apache for upload and nginx for downloa

#3 Postby ankurs » Sep 29, 2010 11:49 am

idupload wrote:several VPS with Ram 2GB with 500GB Hdd or 1GB ram with 500GB hdd?
Target user 1000 - 2000 user download and upload in same time

VPS wont work, get dedicated if you are targeting that many uses

more ram the better

idupload
Posts: 97
Joined: Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am
Location: Indonesia

Re: Request Tutorial apache for upload and nginx for downloa

#4 Postby idupload » Sep 29, 2010 12:16 pm

ankurs wrote:
idupload wrote:several VPS with Ram 2GB with 500GB Hdd or 1GB ram with 500GB hdd?
Target user 1000 - 2000 user download and upload in same time

VPS wont work, get dedicated if you are targeting that many uses

more ram the better


okay I try to buy dedicated server, could you give share specification ds processor, ram, hdd for fileserver?

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#5 Postby chrda » Sep 29, 2010 12:23 pm

If you want a system that handles 1000-2000 download / sec then you need to put a little more money into your plans..

vps and yum install nginx doesnt do much good..

I am starting to repeat myself in this forum

1. Keep your XFS web main free for Fileserver (Server should be Quad Core / 8Gb ram and running Litespeed Webserver

2. Fileserver(s) should be dual/quad core 4-8Gb ram and running nginx.
- Recommend also 1Gbit Port for many reasons.
- Should not be on same server as XFS web system

3. Nginx mod cost you money, and you have to contact sibsoft to get it installed. (Its worth it for sure)

4. If you dont know much about servers, please hire someone to do the job. Its also worth it in the long run.

5. Take backup of your web files and database atleast daily.
- Backup of fileservers is harder, due alot of Gigabytes.
- If you want a form for "backup" of fileservers, run Raid10 or if you cheap run Raid5(Or6)

ankurs
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Request Tutorial apache for upload and nginx for downloa

#6 Postby ankurs » Sep 29, 2010 1:36 pm

idupload wrote:
ankurs wrote:
idupload wrote:several VPS with Ram 2GB with 500GB Hdd or 1GB ram with 500GB hdd?
Target user 1000 - 2000 user download and upload in same time

VPS wont work, get dedicated if you are targeting that many uses

more ram the better


okay I try to buy dedicated server, could you give share specification ds processor, ram, hdd for fileserver?


any quad processor , 8-16gb ram , raid10 hdd

imagenow
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm

#7 Postby imagenow » Sep 29, 2010 11:13 pm

chrda wrote:If you want a system that handles 1000-2000 download / sec then you need to put a little more money into your plans..

vps and yum install nginx doesnt do much good..

I am starting to repeat myself in this forum

1. Keep your XFS web main free for Fileserver (Server should be Quad Core / 8Gb ram and running Litespeed Webserver

2. Fileserver(s) should be dual/quad core 4-8Gb ram and running nginx.
- Recommend also 1Gbit Port for many reasons.
- Should not be on same server as XFS web system

3. Nginx mod cost you money, and you have to contact sibsoft to get it installed. (Its worth it for sure)

4. If you dont know much about servers, please hire someone to do the job. Its also worth it in the long run.

5. Take backup of your web files and database atleast daily.
- Backup of fileservers is harder, due alot of Gigabytes.
- If you want a form for "backup" of fileservers, run Raid10 or if you cheap run Raid5(Or6)


Hi, can I ask you where do you get your servers?

Thanks

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#8 Postby chrda » Sep 30, 2010 8:24 am

unmeteredservers
100tb
rackedge

imagenow
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm

#9 Postby imagenow » Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm

chrda wrote:unmeteredservers
100tb
rackedge


Thanks!

However 100tb do not allow file storage usage... did have any issues with them?

Valerio

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#10 Postby chrda » Oct 01, 2010 8:23 am

100Tb works fine.

Just have your Main webpage at some other companies.

idupload
Posts: 97
Joined: Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am
Location: Indonesia

#11 Postby idupload » Oct 27, 2010 6:53 am

chrda wrote:If you want a system that handles 1000-2000 download / sec then you need to put a little more money into your plans..

vps and yum install nginx doesnt do much good..

I am starting to repeat myself in this forum

1. Keep your XFS web main free for Fileserver (Server should be Quad Core / 8Gb ram and running Litespeed Webserver

2. Fileserver(s) should be dual/quad core 4-8Gb ram and running nginx.
- Recommend also 1Gbit Port for many reasons.
- Should not be on same server as XFS web system

3. Nginx mod cost you money, and you have to contact sibsoft to get it installed. (Its worth it for sure)

4. If you dont know much about servers, please hire someone to do the job. Its also worth it in the long run.

5. Take backup of your web files and database atleast daily.
- Backup of fileservers is harder, due alot of Gigabytes.
- If you want a form for "backup" of fileservers, run Raid10 or if you cheap run Raid5(Or6)


Okay I get it, no pay no glory
If I used service from sibsoft admin to setup nginx dedicated server, may I know specification customize or partition for this dedicated server?/?
Fileserver I used :
+ i7 with ram 8GB and 2TB hdd with centos 32bit

This dedicated server will used xen or openvz platform?
Pardon me, because I m always used vps to build several hosting.

Once more :
For Front Page or main server domain what should we used?
Dedicated server or vps?
How big ram and hdd we should need for main server as front page?

Dulci
Posts: 112
Joined: Jun 10, 2010 6:45 am
Location: Netherlands

#12 Postby Dulci » Oct 27, 2010 7:43 am

Well i had direct link disabled for free users and normal users.

my fileservers keeps crashing because of all that load.

Intel Xeon i7 W3520 12 gb ram wasnt enough. so enabled direct links back again works fine for me now. daily 60k visitors mostly streaming videos

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#13 Postby chrda » Oct 27, 2010 9:09 am

in basics, a perl script will be running the whole time the video is streamed.
This is very cpu heavy..

nginx is the only solution for high load sites..
The initiating perl script will run for a short time, and rest is taken care of by nginx without perl

idupload
Posts: 97
Joined: Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am
Location: Indonesia

#14 Postby idupload » Oct 27, 2010 11:27 am

chrda wrote:in basics, a perl script will be running the whole time the video is streamed.
This is very cpu heavy..

nginx is the only solution for high load sites..
The initiating perl script will run for a short time, and rest is taken care of by nginx without perl


Can I used big resource vps xen more dedicated
with ram 4GB
Hdd 500GB

Which do the best web server and file server?
+ Nginx with virtualmin
+ Litespeed with cpanel

Or do you have any idea, if you do not used configuration admin cost $200 USD for build dedicated server.

chrda
Posts: 296
Joined: Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Contact:

#15 Postby chrda » Oct 27, 2010 11:44 am

Remember to seperate XFS front-end and fileservers

the spec you shown there should work for a start up atleast

Frontend need to run apache or litespeed
Fileserver need apache + nginx


Return to “XFileSharing Pro”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests